The HassanII Great World Water Prize for Water Security will be awarded in France in 2021 by the Kingdom of Morocco and the World Water Council.
The Hassan II Great World Water Prize is regarded as one of the most important and well-known awards in the world.
It helps to raise worldwide awareness and take actual steps to forward the cause of water.
This prize honors His Majesty the late King Hassan II’s memory, as well as his strategic vision for his country’s long-term integrated water resource management, in order to address the Kingdom’s water security.
The goal is to achieve water security on a territorial level across the globe, allowing for sustainable and equitable population growth while conserving the environment, maintaining population health, and encouraging agricultural policies that support food security.
“Water security in territories for sustainable development and food security” is the subject of this edition.
Worth of Award for HassanII Great World Water Prize
On this occasion, the victor receives a trophy and a diploma, as well as worldwide recognition and exposure.
As a result, His Majesty King Mohammed VI’s High Will has enhanced the prize sum from $100,000 to $500,000.
- The Prize may be given to a person, a group of people, an institution, or an organization that the Jury members believe has developed new ways or procedures to achieve water security and climate justice via a significant project, initiative, creative experience, or research effort.
- Scientific, economic, technological, environmental, social, institutional, cultural, or political contributions are all possible.
The following selection criteria will be used to evaluate the application:
- The King Hassan II Great World Water Prize recognizes the candidate’s outstanding achievements in fields related to the Prize’s specific theme.
- Such excellence might take the shape of a long-term project or a one-time spectacular feat.
- The candidate’s country, sex, language, occupation, or religion will not be considered.
How to Apply for HassanII Great World Water Prize
- All applications must be submitted using the official website’s online registration form.
- Two people and/or organizations involved in the water resource industry must propose candidates.
The following documents must be attached to the form:
- The candidate’s sponsors must complete and sign two nomination letters.
- A maximum of 5 pages should be included in your curriculum vitae.
Deadline: Applications for the Hassan II Great World Water Prize 2022 can be submitted until December 31, 2021.