For the academic session 2022/2023, the Public Service Commission (PSC) is accepting applications for the Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Program.
The Postdoctoral Research Program (PRP) is a global, horizontal initiative. It gives promising young scientists across Canada access to world-class facilities.
It also gives you the chance to work on projects with multidisciplinary teams of expert researchers and technicians on projects that are vital to Canada.
Worth of Scholarship
- Salary levels for Scientific Researchers (SE-RES) are based on incumbents.
- As a result, the position’s level will be determined by the successful candidate’s qualifications and accomplishments.
- Because the PRP is for early-career researchers, starting salaries typically range from $58,563 to $113,877.
Requirements for the Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Program
Candidates must have earned a doctoral degree (PhD) within the last three (3) years to be eligible for this scholarship.
The degree should ideally be in the field of natural sciences from a recognized post-secondary institution. Specializations must, without a doubt, be related to the job’s responsibilities.
If you are currently enrolled in a doctoral program at a recognized post-secondary institution, you can apply to the PRP. To be appointed to a position, however, you must have completed your degree.
Candidates having a PhD degree in an area other than natural sciences (obtained within the past three (3) years) may also be considered.
If they have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a scientific field, they will be considered for the program. As a result, having a bachelor’s degree combined with acceptable research, training, and experience will give you an edge.
- preparing and carrying out research
- collaborating with a group of researchers and support personnel
- You must also have prior experience in
- Productivity/Recognition: This refers to acknowledged accomplishments such as authorship and editing of published or unpublished reports. It also includes books, papers, peer-reviewed scientific journals, and other forms of communication resulting from the following:
- OR research, experimental development, or tasking involving operational equipment and issues
- Scientific analysis and operational research
- Planning, analysis, and evaluation of research and development programs in Canada and abroad are critical; OR
- Work that leads to the issuance of patents, copyrights, or the development of new kinds, functionalities, or designs. It also involves acknowledgment of the research environment by the professional community.
- Additional experience requirements may be imposed depending on the job being filled.
Without a doubt, as a recipient, you must have the following skills:
- Communication that is interactive
- Respect and Integrity
- Clearly, recipients should be aware that, depending on the post being filled, more competencies may be included.
How to Apply for the Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Program
As a result, keep in mind that you will be asked to include your resumé/CV when submitting your applications.
Additional papers that may be supplied as an option include:
- Letter of introduction;
- Academic degrees;
- Results of official language tests;
- Evaluations of foreign educational qualifications;
- Before you begin filling out the application, make sure you have all of your paperwork available and accessible. This will help you prevent any possible difficulties or disruptions.
Application deadline: Applications are still being accepted.
Recommended for You
- W L Bill Byrnes Global Scholarship at Imperial College Business School in the UK 2022
- Sonny Mehta Scholarship for Writers in the UK 2022
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Scholarship for Foreign Citizens in Romania 2022
- Intel-AFCEA Diversity Scholarship for STEM Students in USA 2022
- Dean’s International Management Scholarship for MBA Students in Australia 2022
- PhD Scholarship in Technology, Organization and Society at CBS in Denmark 2022
- UWE Bristol International Deans Scholarship for Full-time MSc in UK 2022
- Oxford Brookes University GREAT Scholarship program for Postgraduate Students
- University of Kent EPSRC Doctoral Scholarship 2022
- Leventis Foundation Masters Scholarships (2022/2023)