For the academic session 2022/2023, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is delighted to solicit applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarships under the Scholarship Award Scheme.
Students from qualified countries are encouraged to apply.
The scholarship grant is valid in Brunei Darussalam and allows candidates to pursue a Diploma, Undergraduate Degree, or Postgraduate Master’s Degree at one of Brunei Darussalam’s designated higher education institutions.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Brunei Darussalam
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Higher educational institutions in Brunei Darussalam
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Not Specified
Study Level: Undergraduate/Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarships Requirement
- Citizens of ASEAN, Commonwealth, and OIC member nations, among others, are eligible to apply.
- On July 31, 2022, applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programs, and between the ages of 35 and 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programs.
- Permanent residents of Brunei Darussalam are not eligible for the prize.
The following websites provide information on the programs offered, entrance requirements, and other pertinent information:
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (ubd.edu.bn) is a university in Brunei Darussalam, Malaysia.
- Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan– kupu-sb.edu.bn
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali – www.unissa.edu.bn
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei– utb.edu.bn
- Politeknik Brunei– pb.edu.bn
The following are the perks that will be provided to the scholarship recipient:
- exemption from paying tuition costs for the length of the program, including admission, examination, registration, and orientation expenses;
- prior to the start of the course, an economy class air ticket from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile to Brunei Darussalam, and an economy class air ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile after the course is completed;
- a BND$500.00 monthly personal allowance;
- a BND$150.00 monthly meal allowance;
- a BND$600.00 yearly book allowance;
- accomodation in a University/Polytechnic residential college;
- Allowance for the transportation of the scholarship recipient’s personal items to the country of origin/domicile when the program is completed, up to a maximum of:
- BND$250.00 to an ASEAN nation; or BND$250.00 to a country outside of ASEAN.
- To a nation outside the ASEAN area, BND$500.00;
- For the term of the Scholarship, you will be covered by comprehensive insurance.
Application for Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarships
How to Apply: To apply, go to the following website and get an application form: FORM 2022/2023 APPLICATION.
- Application forms must be properly completed and approved by the applicant’s country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs or National Focal Point for Scholarships.
- Applicants must provide a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency(ies)/Police Station (i.e., a statement/report verifying that they are free of civil and criminal charges).
- Completed application forms should be sent to the address below: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 15 February 2022
Recommended for You:
- Federal Government Scholarships Awards to Study Overseas 2022
- Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships 2022
- VLIR-UOS ICP Scholarships to Study in Belgium 2022
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation PhD Scholarship in Canada 2022
- Adelaide Sarawak Alumni Scholarship 2022
- UK Government GREAT Scholarships 2022
- Karolinska Institutet Global Masters Scholarships for African Students in Sweden 2022