Google Research Scholar Program 2022
The Google Research Scholar Program 2022 is currently accepting applications.
The Google Research Scholar Program intends to help early-career academics who are doing research in Google-related subjects.
The Research Scholar Program grants unrestricted donations to promote research at universities all around the globe, with a particular emphasis on sponsoring world-class research by early-career academics.
Google hopes that this initiative will aid in the development of new faculty partnerships and stimulate the building of long-term ties.
Funding for Google Research Scholar Program
- The cash will be up to $60,000 USD and will be used to help the professor’s research progress.
- The applicant must be a full-time assistant, associate, or full professor in a university or a research organization that awards degrees.
Postdoctoral researchers may only serve as co-PIs, not as main investigators.
- Applicants must have received their PhD within seven years of submission (e.g. applicant in 2021 must have received PhD in 2014 or later).
- They consider exceptions for applicants who have been teaching seven years or fewer and had delays, such as working in industry, parental leave, leave of absence, etc. This exception request can be documented on the application.
RELATED: PhD Scholarship in Policy Analysis in USA 2021
- Applicants can submit one application per round.
- Faculty can only serve as a PI or Co-PI per round. Applicants cannot serve on two separate proposals.
- Applicants may apply up to three times in the seven years after their PhD.
An internal evaluation procedure is used to choose proposals.
Within four months following the original submission, applicants will be advised of the status of their proposal.
They encourage candidates to sort their suggestions into one of the following Google-interested computer science and related subjects categories:
- Algorithms and optimization
- Augmented and virtual reality
- Cooling and power
- Health research
- Human-computer interaction
- Information retrieval and real time content
- Machine learning and data mining
- Machine perception
- Machine translation
- Natural language processing
- Quantum computing
- Software engineering and programming languages
- Structured data, extraction, semantic graph, and database management
- Systems (hardware and software)
Application for Google Research Scholar Program
Apply by December 1, 2021, at 11:59:59pm UTC. Application after this date will not be accepted.
To Apply, Click Here
For More Information: Visit this Page
Deadline: December 1, 2021