The Google Developer Student Clubs Solution Challenge 2022 is now accepting applications.
They’re excited to hear about all of your incredible initiatives that help to achieve the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals!
The United Nations established 17 Sustainable Development Goals in 2015, with the goal of achieving them by 2030. These 17 objectives to eradicate poverty, promote prosperity, and safeguard the environment were agreed to by all 193 United Nations Member States. Your aim for the 2022 Solution Challenge is to design a solution that uses Google technology to help solve one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
- The top 50 teams will get a T-shirt, certificate, and mentoring from Googlers and other professionals to help them develop and submit a solution for the grand prize.
- The top 10 finalists will get a $1,000 cash reward per team member, as well as gear, a certificate, Google mentoring, and a presence on the Google Developers Blog and webcast of Demo Day.
- The top three teams will each get a $3,000 cash award, as well as gear, a certificate, Google mentoring, and a presence on the Google Developers Blog and Demo Day broadcast.
Google Developer Student Clubs Solution Challenge | Eligibility Criteria
Members of Google Developer Student Clubs are eligible to participate in the Solution Challenge. On the GDSC community website, you may join a Google Developer Student Club (GDSC).
- Affect (60 points)
- Is it apparent which particular SDG objectives the item is solving for and does the entry present a clear issue or challenge based on one or more of the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)? a total of ten points
- How well does the solution solve the problem that the team has identified? (twenty points)
- Is there any proof that there will be a further step? Is there a strategy in place for future extension if the team continues? a total of ten points
- Is there proof that the solution was fully tested with actual users? a total of ten points
- Is there proof that the solution was improved over time in response to customer feedback? a total of ten points
- Technology is a powerful tool (40 points)
- Is the solution complete in terms of the technical components required to tackle the problem? a total of ten points
- Has the team stated what Google technology they utilized and why, as well as provided instructions on how to execute their code? a total of ten points
- Is the functioning solution and how a user will interact with it shown in the video demonstration? Is there any discussion of how Google’s technologies are implemented, as well as the benefit the technology gives to consumers, in the demonstration? a total of ten points
- Is the team’s solution based on sound product and technical decisions? a total of ten points
Google Developer Student Clubs Solution Challenge | Application Procedure
Please submit your application before March 31, 2022.
Deadline: March 31, 2022
Recommended for You
- COINS Grand Challenge for Undergraduate Students and Entrepreneurs in USA 2022
- UNFPA-WIPO-ITU Joint Innovations to Empower Women and Girls Challenge 2022
- MIT Solve Global Challenges 2022 – The Care Economy
- Hague Institute for Innovation of Law (HiiL) Innovating Justice Challenge 2022
- Oxford Forum for International Development (OxFID) Global Youth Challenge 2022
- Peter Drucker Challenge Award for Young Professionals Worldwide 2022
- WE Empower Challenge For Women (2022)
- FCMB Flexx Writing Challenge 2022
- T-Mobile Foundation/Ashoka Changemaker Challenge 2022 for Young Innovators
- Future Agro Challenge Global Competition for Agripreneurs in 2022