The Golelo Trust seeks to help Black women in South Africa improve their education and economic development by offering educational bursaries for postsecondary mechanical engineering studies.
Bursaries will be given to Black Women students who have shown academic achievement and personal situations that need assistance.
Bursary applications will be accepted for study at any recognized South African institution or university of technology in the Gauteng Province that offers degrees or technical diplomas in mechanical engineering.
Bursaries are available beginning in the second year of a bachelor’s degree or diploma program. The following items are included in the bursary:
- Tuition costs
- Book fees
- Residence fees
- Monthly cash allowance for food, transportation, and other study expenditures
Requirements for Golelo Trust Mechanical Engineering Bursary – 2021
- Applicants must be South African nationals who are Black (African, Indian, or Coloured) and have a valid ID number.
- Applicants must be financially worthy and not already receiving any other scholarships.
- Applicants must have completed their first year of academic studies* with honors.
- Applicants who are invited to an interview must agree to do psychometric testing.
The bursary will be granted on the condition that the candidate’s first-year end-of-year results do not vary significantly from those provided during the application process.
If the results are significantly lower than the academic performance reported during the application process, Golelo Trust has the right to revoke the bursary offer.
The procedure for submitting an application
To apply for a bursary, please fill out the application form attached and send it to [email protected] before the deadline. Please be aware that certain terms and conditions will apply, as well as the need that the successful candidate signs a written contract with Golelo Trust.
- South Africa
- November 30th, 2020