In the 2022/23 academic year, the Korean government will grant Global Korea Scholarships to overseas graduate students at higher education institutions.
The goal of this scholarship is to give overseas students chances to pursue advanced studies in undergraduate and graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea, in order to foster international educational exchanges and cross-national friendship.
Junior colleges (two-year programs), universities (four-year programs), and graduate schools make up the majority of Korea’s higher education institutions.
With the advancement of information and communication technology in recent years, cyber universities that provide education in the form of e-learning have grown in popularity.
Graduate programs (master’s and doctorate degrees) are often offered in four-year institutions.
Worth of Scholarship
The Scholarship benefit are in different categories;
- Resettlement Allowance
- Living Allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Language Courses
- Tuition Fees
- Award for Excellent Korean language proficiency
- Research Support
- This benefit has a different amount allocated to them.
Visit the website for more details.
Requirement for the Global Korea Scholarships
- A candidate, as well as his or her parents, must be citizens of their home country.
- Applicants should not be citizens of Korea.
- Applicants must be in good mental and physical health to remain in a foreign country for an extended period of time.
- At the time of admission, you must be under the age of 25. (Undergraduate)
- At the time of admission, you must be under the age of 40. (Graduate)
- You should have completed or been on track to complete all formal education courses in elementary, middle, and high school. (Undergraduate)
- Have a grade point average (GPA) of at least 80% from your most recent educational institution.
- You must have earned a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. (Graduate)
- This program is not open to applicants who have already completed any undergraduate, master’s, or doctorate degree in Korea.
- A past or current KGSP scholar with an overall grade of 90 percent or more may apply to the program again, either via the embassy or the university route.
How to Apply for the Global Korea Scholarships
- All applications must be sent to either the Korean Embassy in your home country or one of our Korean partner colleges.
- Make sure you read the application requirements for information on how to submit your application.
- If you want to apply through the embassy track, you must send your application paperwork to the Korean embassy in the nation where you hold citizenship, whether you live in Korea or another country.
Deadline for application: February till mid-March.
Within that time frame, each Korean embassy and university sets its own deadline. The majority of deadlines occur in the month of March.
Click here for more details.
Recommended for You