In the academic term 2022/23, Ghent University in Belgium is accepting applications for a PhD Scholarship in Skin Cancer Care.
The Ghent University Hospital/Ghent University is providing a PhD post on the health and economic aspects of current skin cancer treatment in collaboration with the Interuniversity Centre for Health Economics Research (i-CHER), Department of Public Health and Primary Care. You will actively participate in the development and defense of a PhD thesis on the issue of skin cancer treatment and early detection in Belgium.
The goal of the PhD research is to assess the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of skin cancer therapy in older people, as well as alternative treatment choices and early diagnosis utilizing AI skin cancer diagnostic applications. Dermatologists are confronting significant hurdles in combating the pandemic of skin cancer, which is on the rise. The core of your PhD will be to conduct a health economic evaluation (based on obtaining cost and health-related quality of life [HrQoL] data), develop a mapping function based on a disease-specific HrQoL instrument, and analyze these data alongside clinical outcomes and health-care resource data to improve current medical guidelines.
To educate policymakers and enhance public health, several viewpoints (patient, public healthcare payer, hospital) will be used. The Interuniversity Centre for Health Economics Research (i-CHER) and the Department of Dermatology at the Ghent University Hospital collaborated closely on this PhD path.
You’ll work closely with other scientists who have complementary talents.
In the national and international scientific community, you will present research findings in writing and verbally.
A restricted number of teaching and research support duties will be assigned to you.
Worth of Scholarship
- At Ghent University, they are offering a fully financed PhD post for full-time research in a highly international, renowned, and pleasant working environment, as well as a competitive income.
- In order to pursue your PhD degree, you will publish and discuss your research findings at important international conferences and in scientific publications, and you will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of advanced training courses in Belgium and abroad.
Ghent University Skin Cancer Care PhD Scholarship | Eligibility Criteria
A Master’s degree in health sciences, health care management, and policy, health promotion, or a related discipline is required. Prior health-economics experience is preferred but not essential.
Other prerequisites for the profile:
- You can show that you have excellent research outcomes.
- You have excellent writing abilities.
- You are familiar with R, Excel, and SPSS, or you are interested in learning scientific programming.
- You have excellent communication skills and a willingness to participate in collaborative and multidisciplinary research.
- You’re interested in the financial elements of health care.
You have a strong command of the English language, both spoken and written.
- The ability to communicate in Dutch is a plus.
- Your research skills are in accord with the ideals of Ghent University.
- You act with quality, honesty, innovation, and teamwork in mind.
How to Apply for the Ghent University Skin Cancer Care PhD Scholarship
The following items must be included in your application:
- Cover letter stating why you are interested in the role, your relevant experience/knowledge, and how you anticipate providing value;
- Two references’ contact information
- Transcripts of grades
Deadline: April 30, 2022.
For more information and to apply, go here.
Recommended for You