In 2022, the French Institutes for Advanced Study (FIAS) is accepting applications for the French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship Programme for high-level international scholars and scientists.
Fellowships of ten months are available in each of the six Institutes of the Programme.
- Aix-Marseille: 4
- Loire Valley (Orléans-Tours): 3
- Lyon: 10
- Montpellier: 3
- Nantes: 4
- Paris: 13
It invites submissions from internationally renowned researchers and scientists, mainly in the social sciences and humanities (SSH).
The competition is accessible to all SSH disciplines and research subjects. Other science-related research initiatives having a transversal discourse with SSH are also acceptable.
Worth of Scholarship
A minimum monthly net living allowance (equal to take-home pay) of €2,700: It will be sent to all fellows as part of a work agreement (via their home institutions or via the IAS hosting the fellowship).
Successful candidates will also get housing or relocation assistance. FIAS will find appropriate housing for fellows based on their family circumstances (from studios to 5-room apartments).
FIAS Fellowship Programme | Eligibility Criteria
- FIAS grants scholarships to excellent researchers at various stages of their careers, from postdocs to senior scientists.
- At the time of application, a PhD plus two years of research experience is the minimal requirement. Scholars having a Master’s degree and 6 years of full-time research experience following graduation will be granted an exception (PhD training will not be considered in the calculation of experience).
- The FIAS Fellowship Program is open to researchers from all nations, although they must have spent no more than 12 months in France in the three years preceding the application deadline.
How to Apply for the FIAS Fellowship Programme
The completed online application form as well as the desired application material (in English only) will be included in the requested application material.
- copy of the diploma and a full curriculum vitae with a comprehensive list of publications
- comprehensive research proposal (maximum of 5 pages plus 1 page of bibliography)
- three to five periodicals to choose from (articles or book chapters)
Only asked and required for Le Studium (Loire Valley IAS), the Collegium de Lyon, MAK’IT (Montpellier IAS), and the Paris IAS is a letter of support/interest from an IAS’s local scientific partner.
- Up to two letters of endorsement(Optional)
Deadline: The application deadline for the French Institutes Advanced Study Fellowship is June 2nd, 2022, at 6:00 p.m. (Paris, France time).
Recommended for You
- Presidential Fellowship for Graduate Students at Merrimack College in USA 2022
- HGHI LEAD Fellowship for Women in Global Health in the USA 2022
- Huduma Fellowship for Emerging Civic & Public Sector Leaders in Uganda in 2022
- African Union (AU) Media Fellowship 2022
- Gender Responsive Agriculture Systems Policy (GRASP) Fellowship 2022
- British Academy Researchers at Risk Fellowships 2022 (up to £37,000)
- Sue Palminteri WildTech Reporting Fellowship 2022 (up to $5,000)
- BeyGOOD Global Citizen Fellowship Program for Africans 2022/2023
- LitUp Writing Fellowship 2022 for Women in the U.S.
- Leeds – Charles Wallace India Trust Visiting Fellowship 2022-2023 (Funded)