The Europeans Union offers Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Masters of Science in Development Studies in the 2022 academic session.
GLODEP is a two-year joint master’s degree in development studies with a multidisciplinary focus and an economic foundation.
The first semester of GLODEP is held at Palacky University in Olomouc, the Czech Republic, the second semester at University Clermont Auvergne in Clermont-Ferrand, France, and the third semester at the University of Pavia in Pavia, Italy (Pavia, Italy).
The fourth semester is devoted to thesis writing and an internship or research stay, ideally with a number of consortium’s linked partners.
GLODEP’s mission is to educate and train professionals in the area of international development.
GLODEP equips students with the information and abilities they need to understand development challenges and formulate and support development policies at the national, regional, and global levels.
GLODEP connects the subjects of development studies and development economics, drawing on economics as well as other disciplines including geography, environmental studies, and political science.
Students will be able to receive the following as a result of participating in the program:
- multidisciplinary understanding of development challenges, including a foundation in development economics and development studies;
- capacity to understand development issues and plan and advocate development policies and programs for a given developing region or industry;
- capacity to communicate to a non-expert audience while working in an international context and in multi- and inter-disciplinary teams.
Worth of Award
Student participation expenses (including consortium fees and full insurance coverage), a contribution to student travel and installation costs, and a subsistence allowance for the length of the EMJMD study program will all be covered by the EMJMD student scholarships.
The following are the EMJMD student scholarship amounts:
Contribution to the participation costs
- 8 500 EUR per year per scholarship holder from a Partner Country
- 4 250 EUR per year per scholarship holder from a Programme Country
Contribution to travel and installation costs
- 1 000 EUR per year for travel expenditures per scholarship recipient residing in a Programme Country.
- A scholarship winner living in a Partner Country less than 4000 km from the EMJMD coordinating HEI will receive 2 000 EUR per year in travel expenses and 1 000 EUR in installation fees.
- A scholarship winner living in a Partner Country 4 000 km or more from the EMJMD coordinating HEI will receive 3 000 EUR per year in travel expenses and 1 000 EUR in installation fees.
Contribution to the subsistence costs
- For the length of the EMJMD study program, you will be paid 1000 EUR each month (24 months maximum).
- Scholarship holders will not receive a contribution to subsistence costs for EMJMD periods (study/research/placement/thesis preparation) spent in their home country, nor will scholarship holders from a Partner Country receive a contribution to subsistence costs for EMJMD periods exceeding one trimester (i.e. 3 months or the equivalent of 15 ECTS credits) spent in any Partner Country.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Masters Requirements
- While the program accepts candidates with a wide range of disciplinary backgrounds, skills, and experience, a good candidate often has the following characteristics:
- outstanding academic performance in related fields (e.g., development studies, economics, geography, international relations, and sociology);
- strong desire to work in the field of development policy; great interest in international development;
- Very excellent knowledge of the English language.
- Please examine if your profile falls within the following parameters before applying since the program is very competitive (they get hundreds of applications each year).
- The Admission Committee considers the applicant’s entire profile, so if you excelled in development courses and your extracurricular activities or professional experience are clearly related to development, a degree in a less relevant area may be sufficient.
How to Apply for Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Masters
Fill out the Online Application Form and attach the necessary papers to apply.
Open the application once you’ve registered in the system and fill in your personal information.
When you come to Creating Applications, you’ll have the option to:
- Go to the Catalog
- Follow-up Master´s
- Faculty: Faculty of Science
- Language of instruction: English
- Choose a study program: Development Studies and Foresight specialization in Global Development Policy
Deadline: The application deadline for candidates applying for an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is January 31, 2022.