The European Commission offers Erasmus Mundus Scholarship for the European Master in Transnational Migrations (MITRA) in 2022.
MITRA is a humanities Master’s program that is taught in both French and English and is multilingual.
It discusses the effects of international migration on modern societies.
MITRA provides in-depth training to students pursuing Ph.D. degrees in migration studies, as well as public policy analysts focusing on migration and integration issues.
(including professionals from international and local organizations) and community-based intercultural mediators.
MITRA students are prepared for future study as well as a professional career.
They may work on both European and non-European case studies with this taught curriculum, which combines theoretical analysis with field surveys.
On completion, the consortium provides two or three Master’s degrees, depending on the students’ major.
Worth of Award for Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
- For the two years of study, this grant will cover tuition, daily living expenses, and transportation costs.
- The registration expenses are waived for Erasmus Mundus scholarship recipients.
- This Erasmus Mundus fellowship is frequently supported by program-provided health and liability insurance.
- Throughout the master, the quantities received will remain constant (4 semesters).
The selection committee will study the following elements :
- CV + quality of prior courses/work experience (previous transcripts will be needed)
Letter of motivation
- At least two reference letters from professors, managers, or others are required (from internship, association, work)
- Certificates (A-Levels or equivalent, bachelor, master, Ph.D.)
- Inadequacy of the research study with the MITRA theme/actuality, as well as bibliographic references (to show the argumentation, the use of the concepts, methodology, and the scientific culture of the project).
- Attestation of English proficiency (B2 to C2)
- Attestation at the French level (B2 to C2)
How to Apply for Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
Candidates are encouraged to apply for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship from the European Commission while applying for MITRA (a limited number of scholarships).
For a student who has previously received a comparable award, this application could not be approved.
The recruitment takes place in two stages:
- Completed applications submitted through the online platform are selected.
- Skype interviews are conducted with pre-selected applicants.
Deadline: Applications are open until February 15, 2022 (23:59, Paris time).