Enterprise for Peace Scholarship of One Young World Summit in Japan 2022
One Young World and the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs invite applications for their World Enterprise for Peace Scholarship in Tokyo, 2022.
2,000 young leaders from 190+ nations will gather in Tokyo for the One Young World Summit 2022, a worldwide platform for young leaders.
Delegates will propose and discuss solutions to our time’s most critical concerns alongside top leaders throughout the Summit.
Underemployment and a lack of job prospects are two of the most pressing socio-economic and security issues we face, both of which are exacerbated by the youth bulge that exists in many nations throughout the globe.
Youth unemployment may worsen poverty, violent extremism, political instability, drug misuse, and crime, in addition to its direct effects on young people.
RELATED: Research Scholarship in Engineering at University of Sydney 2022
- Empowering young people to develop long-term career prospects in certain areas.
- Using young people’s potential for employment creation as far as possible, and showcasing their potential as a solution for creating a successful and peaceful society.
- Raising awareness about young unemployment and sharing best practices on the topic.
Worth of Award
Scholars will receive:
- Access to the Dutch MFA’s pre-Summit program (location t.b.a.)
- Access to the One Young World Summit, which will take hold in Tokyo, Japan from May 16 to 19, 2022.
- Travel to and hotel accommodation in the pre-Summit site and Tokyo on a shared basis, as well as return travel to the place of origin.
- During the One Young World Summit and the pre-Summit program, catering will cover breakfast, lunch, and supper.
- Between the One Young World Summit lodging and the Summit site, transportation is provided.
- Various media sources have profiled me.
Enterprise for Peace Scholarship Requirements
- Aged 18 – 34 by date of One Young World Summit 2022 in May
- Candidates need to be actively engaged in the fields of youth employment and job creation, either as entrepreneurs or in a similar role (and be able to demonstrate this)
- Nationals of and residents in one of the following countries are eligible for the scholarship: Algeria, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mali, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Senegal, Sudan, South Sudan, Tunisia, Uganda. Please note that candidates with a refugee status are certainly eligible.
- Available to join the programme full time between 13 and 20 May 2022.
How to Apply for Enterprise for Peace Scholarship
Apply via their website, click the link below
Deadline: applications close November 15, 2021.
Click here for more details and to apply