Endangered Material Knowledge Program 2020
The Endangered Material Knowledge Program 2022 is currently accepting applications.
Small and big funding is available to record material knowledge systems that are endangered or on the verge of extinction.
This comprises knowledge systems relating to the creation, usage, repair, and repurposing of physical items, locations, architecture, performances, and surroundings.
These knowledge systems must still be actively sought, or at least practiced within the living memory of the knowledge bearers, in order to qualify for these awards.
Work to revive a lost or forgotten culture is not supported by the Endangered Material Knowledge Program (EMKP).
- Small Grants may last up to a year and can be worth up to £20,000. Small Grants are for projects with a limited scope that are focused on a specific/individual material practice. They’re also good for first pilot work to figure out the nature and scope of material knowledge systems that haven’t been studied before, or for early career, candidates working on new projects.
- Large Grants have a maximum grant of £100,000 and may last up to two years. Large Grants are appropriate for mature projects that require extensive and diverse documentation, a larger team, multiple strands of work occurring at the same time, and/or more time to complete the documentation (e.g. because of seasonal cycles of working).
Endangered Material Knowledge Program Requirements
- Applicants from all around the globe are eligible to apply for funds, but they must be associated with an institution that can offer independent supervision and reporting to EMKP.
- There are no restrictions on where the planned study may be carried out; however, initiatives in areas and countries with low financial support for research are given high consideration.
Costs That Are Eligible
- All fieldwork and documentation expenses, including equipment, transport, sustenance, and allowances for research assistants and community members engaged in the study, are covered by the funding. They do not cover the expenses of substitute teaching or compensation for the Principal Investigator or Collaborators, nor do they cover institutional overhead or administrative expenditures.
Application for Endangered Material Knowledge Program
If you’re thinking about applying for a grant in the 2021/2022 cycle, think about the viability and ethics of doing this study in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic before you do.
EMKP prioritizes grantees’, community members’, and knowledge holders’ health and welfare, and will not fund any initiatives that jeopardize this or fail to prepare effectively.
You will be requested to indicate what protective precautions you will take in your planned work in your application.
To Apply, Click Here
For More Information: Visit this Page
Deadline: January 18, 2022
Recommended for You:
- ExxonMobil Graduate Internship for Nurses 2022
- United Nations Paid Internships 2022
- Distell Students Internship Program 2022
- UNICEF Paid Internship Program 2022
- EPFL Summer Internship in Switzerland 2022