Scholarship in honor of Doris Smith. The Doris Smith Scholarship Trust is presently taking applications for its Doris Smith Scholarship for students from appropriately eligible pupils.
All students are eligible for a partly subsidized scholarship.
The Trustees of Doris Smith’s Will created this award to help students who are studying singing or voice.
The scholarship’s goal was to offer funding for tuition or, in certain cases, a living allowance and travel costs.
Doris Smith Scholarship Requirements for 2022
To be considered for this scholarship, you must satisfy the following requirements:
- Enroll in any music program at the University of Newcastle where the voice is a main emphasis of study.
- You must be enrolled full-time.
- Show academic accomplishment by obtaining an ATAR or equivalent of 75 or above for starting students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 for continuing students.
Show how personal circumstances, such as being a caregiver or a single parent, financial difficulties, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australians, long-term medical conditions, or the impacts of abuse, disability, refugee status, and regional/remote disadvantage, have impacted your life.
- Be a resident in the local government areas of Newcastle, Maitland, Cessnock, Lake Macquarie, or Port Stephens.
- Shortlisted candidates must have shown a high level of performance during their audition or interview.
- This is the first time you’ve won this scholarship.
- At the same time, you must not be the recipient of another University of Newcastle donor-funded or sponsored scholarship.
- Be an Australian citizen or a Permanent Resident of Australia (includes New Zealand Permanent Residents).
Personal/ Academic Documentation that is required
Your application will not be processed until you submit documents.
- Prior to completing the online application procedure, please have all needed documents ready to submit as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files.
- A personal essay (about one A4 page) explaining your academic accomplishments, professional goals in the appropriate field of study, and how this scholarship might help you.
You may be asked to present documentation to back up your claims of educational disadvantage.
These will be recognized based on your specific application replies when you apply.
Doris Smith Scholarship Worth:
The scholarship lasts for two years of approved study and pays a total of $15,000 in benefits.
For up to two years, the scholarship will be paid in installments of $3750 per semester, not before the census date.
How will you be Selected?
The scholarship application and any needed supporting documentation will be assessed as part of the selection process, which will be competitive.
An interview or audition may be necessary.
How to Apply for Doris Smith Scholarship 2022
You are to apply using this link
Doris Smith Scholarship Deadline
The application deadline is 28 February 2022
Recommended for You:
- Dr Bill Jonas Scholarship 2022: Requirements, How to Apply, and Deadline
- CBS PhD Scholarship in Information systems in Denmark 2022
- NNPC-TOTAL Scholarship Past Questions PDF
- Bruce Fishkin Scholarship Fund 2022
- International Student Scholarships at University of Alabama in USA 2022
- APF Queen-Nellie Evans Scholarship for Early Career Psychologists in USA 2022
- Arrell Global Food Innovation Awards 2022
- Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University Ashton Award for Student Research 2022
- Kofi Annan Award for Innovation in Africa 2022
- COMESA Media Award to Recognize and Reward Journalists in Zambia 2022