The Covenant University (CU) is the best private University in Nigeria and their school fees might also be what you want to know
However, the private University was founded on February 12, 2002, at Ota in Ogun State, Nigeria.
Besides, it is one of the private universities founded by the Living Faith Church Worldwide and the World Mission Agency.
You will be glad to know that the university started its establishing process in 1999.
All this was done by the visionary founder who is David Oyedepo.
He is the senior Bishop of Living Faith Church Worldwide and the chancellor of the university.
In September 2013, Pastor Abraham Ojeme was named pro-chancellor of the covenant university.
Looking at some selected award for the university.
Covenant University has been ranked as the best university in Nigeria according to Webometrics.
Moreover, in 2016, the University was awarded the best private University in Nigeria by the National Universities Commission.
This has also helped in the increase of students seeking admission to the University.
As of 2019 statistic.
It was reported that the university currently enrolled over 7,000 students in different courses in the institution.
Some of their notable alumni include Dolapo Adeleke (Nigerian filmmaker), Simi (lyricist, and sound engineer), and Bimbo Ademoye (Nigerian actress).
Covenant University Courses
Here are the list of Covenant University courses accredited.
- Banking and Finance
- Building Technology
- Business Administration,
- Industrial Relations and Human Resource Management,
- Marketing and Entrepreneurship.
- Estate Management
- Social Statistics.
- Mass Communication
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Information & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Chemical Engineering.
- International Relations,
- Policy and Strategic Studies
- Political Science.
- Certificate and Diploma programs in Leadership
- Industrial Physics (option in Applied Geophysics, Electronics, and IT Applications, and Renewable Energy)
- Applied Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Industrial Chemistry (options in Analytical/Environmental Chemistry and Materials/Polymer Chemistry)
- Computer Science and
- Management Information System.
- Industrial Mathematics (option in Computer Science)
- Industrial Mathematics (option in Statistics)
How to Apply for Admission into Covenant University?
Applying for admission into covenant university is competitive compared to other private institutions in Nigeria.
However, you need to meet the institution’s admission requirements and the country.
Besides, The university offers admission into undergraduate and postgraduate schools.
Moreover, here are the general entry requirements for any candidate that wishes to study at Covenant University.
- You must have obtained your SSCE/GCE O’Level/NECO/NABTEB or its equivalent.
- With five (5) credit pass in not more than two (2) settings.
- Have registered for Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Examination.
- A score of 180 marks and above in just concluded examine
- Writing and obtaining the expected cut-off mark for the Post-UTME (CBT) examination.
However, admission is open every year between January while the academic session starts in September of the same year.
To get more information about when admission will be open
Simply visit the Covenant University admission portal (here).
Nevertheless, for you to have a successful admission into the Covenant University.
You need to follow these simple steps by steps in achieving so.
After you have written your WEAC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB and have your five credit pass.
It time for you to get ready for your Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Examination.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Examination form is always open between January to March every year.
You will need to pay a non-refundable fee of 5,000 Naira (price varies each year) for the Computer Based Test (CBT).
However, your examination date will be printed on your personal print-out after the completion of the online form.
After you have written your Jamb examination and score the required cut-off marks.
Now your next steps will be to register for Post-UTME screening.
How to register for Covenant University Post-UTME Screening?
The Covenant University post-UTME screening hold between July or August every year.
However, you will also need to pay a non-refundable fee of 2,000 Naira or more to their destined bank account.
This non-refundable fee is for your Post-UTME screening test.
Your next steps will be for you to write and submit a statement of purpose online with no less than 500 words.
Moreover, this statement of purpose must indicate your intellectual interests, academic and professional objectives, visions, and goals for life.
After you have submitted that online.
You are to upload the following documents in PDF not more than 100kb to the covenant University online admission portal.
However, the uploaded documents include;
- Your Birth certificate
- Original JAMB result with your passport photograph visible at the side
- Your WEAC/NECO/NABTEB/GCE statement of result or the original (if available)
- Letter of Sponsorship by Parents.
After you have done with the uploading of the following documents to the University portal.
Your next steps are to get a recommendation letter from your church pastor or your school Principal/Teacher.
This letter must be mail to the following email address – [email protected]
Moreover, after you have completed emailing the Recommendation letter to Covenant University.
Your next moves are to book for Post-UME Screening.
CUSAS Screening and Booking
Please note, the final Computer-based screening exercise holds within a week in the following three (3) locations in Nigeria.
- Covenant University, Canaanland, Ota, Ogun State.
- Winner’s Chapel, D-Line, opposite Fruit market, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
- Faith Academy, Km 26, Abuja-Keffi express road, Autabalefi, Goshen Abuja.
However, the screening schedule would be accessible via the Screening Booking.
You are required to pay the sum of Nine Thousand Naira Only (N9,000.00)
Which entails Seven Thousand Naira (N7, 000.00) for the form and Two Thousand Naira (N2,000.00) for post-UTME screening.
CU SANWO is probably the link to online payments of the covenant university school fees or other transaction in the campus.
How to Access the Covenant University Admission Portal?
To access the covenant University admission portal is either you are a new student or returning students.
If you are a new student, you need to register in the school portal using this link.
When you visit the covenant University portal, you are to complete the Student Affairs and Medical online form.
Additionally, You will also need to upload your passport photograph with a red background.
But for returning students, you can access the school portal by visiting this link.
What are Covenant University School Fees?
Here are the list of covenant university school fees per session for undergraduate courses in the Institution.
- Accounting: N977,500 (new students)
- Banking & Finance: N937,500 (new students)
- Demography & Social Statistics: N937,500 (new students)
- Business Administration: N937,500 (new students)
- Economics: N937,500 (new students)
- Industrial Relations and Human Resource Management: N977,500 (new students)
- International Relations: N937,500 (new students)
- Political Science: N977,500 (new students)
- English Language: N977,500 (new students)
- Psychology/Counselling: N977,500 (new students)
- Sociology: N937,500 (new students)
- Mass Communication: N937,500 (new students)
- Architecture: N977,500 (new students)
- All Engineering Courses: N1,002,500 (new students)
- Computer Science: N977,500 (new students)
- Biochemistry: N984,500 (new students)
- Microbiology: N984,500 (new students)
- Industrial/Physics: N984,500 (new students)
- Mathematics: N984,500 (new students)
- Industrial Chemistry: N977,500 (new students)
- Building Technology: N977,500 (new students)
- Management Information Systems: N977,500 (new students)
- Estate Management: N977,500 (new students)
- Biology: N977,500 (new students)
However, Engineering students are the ones that pay the highest school fees in covenant university.
Besides, their course involves mostly practical than theory in practice which we hope that causes the more increase in the covenant University school fees.
According to The PUNCH Newspaper, it is said that students pay normal tuition, exam and registration fee of N472,000 per session.
They also pay a regular accommodation fee of N185,000 per session; as well as a utility fee of N75,000 within the same session.
This is the breakdown of how Covenant University school fees apply to each student per session.
- ICT Development fund – N25,000
- Labs/workshop/studio fee – N40,000
- ICT training – N30,000
- A virtual library and wireless internet – N15,000
- Matriculation and ID – N15,000
- Results verification – N5,000
- TMC & Vision 10-2022 kit – N15,000.
- EDS fee – N6,000
- College due – N2,000
- Field trip – N7,500
- Caution fee – N25,000
- Book – N15,000
- Medical deposit – N10,000
- Medical test – N15,000
- Lab coat/tool – N25,000 (only applicable to engineering students)
- Lab Coat/tool – N7,000 ( for students in Biochemistry, Microbiology and Industrial Physics/Maths)
This all the information we can offer you right now in regard to the Covenant University school fees, courses, and admission.
If you think there is something important we have not discussed.
Kindly use the comment and address the issue directly to us.
We will be more than happy to serve you better and please don’t forget to share this post on your various social media.