The Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships 2022 are currently accepting applications.
The Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are for applicants from least developed, low-income, and lower-middle-income Commonwealth nations who want to pursue a part-time Master’s degree via distance learning at UK institutions.
The Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office provides funding for these scholarships.
High-quality postgraduate students who want to access training that isn’t available in their home countries, who want or need to stay in their home countries while they study, and who have the potential to improve their home countries’ development with the knowledge and leadership skills they gain are the intended beneficiaries.
These scholarships are available in six different CSC Development themes:
- Developmental science and technology
- Increasing the capacity and strength of health systems
- Increasing world prosperity
- Global peace, security, and governance are being bolstered.
- Increasing crisis resilience and reaction
- Opportunity, access, and inclusion
Worth of Scholarship
- A Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship pays for tuition and, if necessary, study grants.
- Other scholarships, prizes, or bursaries that cover the same fees are not permitted to be offered at the same time.
Requirements for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
Candidates for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Be a British Protected Person or a citizen of an eligible Commonwealth nation who has been given refugee status.
- Be a permanent resident of a Commonwealth developing nation;
- Hold a first degree with a level of at least upper second class (2:1). In certain circumstances, a lesser qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered.
- Without this scholarship, you would be unable to afford to attend the program.
Process of Selection
Each participating UK university will hold its own recruiting procedure to choose a certain number of applicants for Distance Learning Scholarships.
By May 9, 2022, universities must submit their chosen candidates to the CSC.
The CSC will next validate that these individuals fit the program’s eligibility requirements, and institutions will notify applicants of their findings in July 2022.
The following are some of the selection criteria:
- The candidate’s academic merit
- The work’s potential influence on the candidate’s native country’s growth.
How to Apply for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
You must apply to a UK institution that participates in the Distance Learning programme in order to undertake an eligible master’s degree.
For a list of participating institutions and courses that qualify, go here.
In addition to applying for a Distance Learning Scholarship, you must apply for and get admission to your university programme.
You should consult your selected institution for detailed information on when to apply, admission criteria, and application restrictions.
In addition to any additional applications necessary by your selected institution, you must apply using the CSC’s online application system. Any submissions not submitted using the online application system will be rejected by the CSC.
To be eligible for consideration, your application must contain the following supporting material by 17:00 (GMT) on April 5, 2022:
At least one reference– provided to the online application system immediately by the referee (referees will be sent an email request)
A letter of acceptance to begin the selected programme of study in the academic year 2022-2023 Is posted to the online application system
Transcripts of all your higher education degrees (with verified translations if not in English) – submitted to the online application system.
Deadline for application: March 15, 2022
Commonwealth Scholarships provides further information.
Recommended for You
- Fully Funded Top Scholarships in Germany Without IELTS
- Arts and Sciences Scholarships at University of Colorado USA 2022
- International Scientia Coursework Scholarship at University of New South Wales Australia 2022
- Dutch OKP Scholarships for MSc in Water and Sustainable Development 2022
- Fully Funded Canadian Government Scholarships 2022
- Fully Funded Top France scholarships without IELTS 2022
- TOP 5 Scholarships In Finland For Students (2022)
- University of Twente Scholarship by ICD for Electrical Engineering in the Netherlands 2022
- Ph.D. Scholarship in Department of Strategy and Innovation at Copenhagen Business School 2022
- Total Scholarship 2022: Requirements, How to Apply, and Deadline