The Climate Tracker Just Transition Journalism Fellowship – Philippines 2022 is currently accepting applications.
In the Philippines, advocates have emphasized the significance of a “Just Transition.”
However, with gaps in the climate debate, the notion remains an abstract dream.
What would a ‘just transition’ look like for the Philippines as it takes moves toward climate action by lifting its carbon emission reduction goal to 75% by 2030?
- What are the most important challenges to solve in order to achieve this goal?
These are some of the questions Climate Tracker wants you to learn about and report on as part of their new fellowship, which they’ve created in collaboration with the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung – Philippines.
This fellowship has a lot in store! Fellows will benefit from:
- The opportunity to develop their publication profile in the areas of climate change, energy, renewable energy, and the fair transition.
- To properly report on these problems, get training and guidance from experts and experienced journalists.
- Their tales will be supported by a fellowship award.
- Recruitment into our expanding global network of over 18K journalists and media professionals.
Climate Tracker Just Transition Journalism Fellowship Requirement
They’re searching for three types of people:
- Experienced journalists from all across the Philippines who are interested in learning more about the country’s just transition;
- Reporters that want to concentrate their reports on their own province. They’re searching for journalists who aren’t stationed in Manila and who can write about the just transition from a very local perspective, about their province;
- Campus journalists are interested in expanding their expertise and reporting profile in relation to the just transition.
- If you’re between the ages of 18 and 35 and live in the Philippines, and you fit into one of these three categories, APPLY NOW!
The final selections will be based on:
- The value and interest of your pitch
- Proof of experience in journalism
- Your interest and potential to learn and collaborate throughout the fellowship initiative
Application for Climate Tracker Just Transition Journalism Fellowship
Applying is super simple! But you’ve got to do it early, the deadline to apply is January 31, 2022.
Submit a pitch for a story focusing on just transition in the Philippines.
Your pitch needs to include: for Climate Tracker Just Transition Journalism Fellowship
- Summary of the story (max 200 words)
- Sources – let them know if you’ve already verified any sources (such as interviews) or if you believe you’ll be able to get them shortly (prospective)
- The duration of the narrative — how long do you anticipate it will be? For analysis and feature articles, they suggest keeping the narrative to 600-1200 words. The length of investigative pieces might be increased.
- What kind of media do you believe your story would work best in? — This aids Climate Tracker in determining the style you want to employ.
- Links to previous articles you’ve written
- A link to your curriculum vitae
To Apply, Click Here
For More Information: Visit this Page
Deadline: January 31, 2022
Recommended for You;