The University of Leeds’ School of History is pleased to announce the opening of applications for the Leeds – Charles Wallace India Trust Visiting Fellowship 2022–23.
The Charles Wallace India Trust (CWIT) will make one award to an early to mid-career scholar, which will be sponsored by the School of History. Only Indian nationals with a permanent address in India are eligible. History, Arts, Heritage, and Humanities are the only subjects eligible for the Visiting Fellowship. Those with little or no previous experience doing research outside of India will be given priority.
The Fellowship will be used to further the candidate’s study. During the fellowship, the CWIT Fellow is expected to contribute to the lively research environment at the School of History and/or the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures, as well as deliver at least one seminar paper. They will also be encouraged to form research partnerships with members of the History Department.
- The Fellowship will cover £600 for a roundtrip flight and £1200 per month for extra living costs while in the United Kingdom.
- Candidates are responsible for applying for and paying for their UK visa, as well as arranging their own accommodations with the help of the School of History, Leeds.
- The CWIT Fellow will be given a work area at the School of History and will have access to the same library, internet, and office resources as other department employees.
Charles Wallace India Trust Visiting Fellowship | Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants for the CWIT Visiting Fellowship must have finished their PhD and be employed full-time at an Indian university or research institution.
- They must be Indian citizens who are currently residents in India at the time of application.
- The fellowship cannot be used in combination with any other scholarship or award. If they are awaiting the outcomes of previous grant applications, applicants must mention so.
- Candidates who have received a CWIT grant in the last five years are not eligible to apply.
Charles Wallace India Trust Visiting Fellowship | Application Procedure
The following papers must be submitted by applicants:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Research proposal (including project outline, aims and objectives, the significance of the project, why the research would benefit from being conducted at Leeds, academic research context, proposed methods, outcomes and outputs, a work plan, and how the fellowship will advance the applicant’s career trajectory). There should be no more than 3000 words in total, including the bibliography.
- One writing sample of no more than 8,000 words (published or unpublished).
- Two letters of recommendation are required.
All materials and applications must be sent electronically to [email protected]
Deadline: May 30, 2022
Visit CWIT Visiting Fellowship for more information.
Recommended for You