10 Canadian Scholarship For Nigerian Students in 2022
Are you looking for a Canadian scholarship for Nigerian students?
If yes, you’re in the right place.
Don’t panic, because in this article I’ve compiled a list of Canadian scholarships for Nigerian students.
This article provides you with ongoing scholarships in Canada for Nigerians, international students, and other African developing countries.
Some of these scholarships are fully funded while some are partly funded for both postgraduates and undergraduates. Most of these scholarships are majorly funded by the Canadian government and private institutions in Canada.
Canada is a highly developed country that ranks well on economic and human development indexes.
It is home to 21 of the world’s top 500 universities and 32 in the top 1,000. In 2018, Canada was home to 572,415 study permit holders.
Moreover, it offers some of the world’s best study programs and is home to some of the world’s leading research facilities and academic institutions.
If studying abroad is your plan, Canada should be at the top of your list.
10 Canadian Scholarship For Nigerian Students
The list below are Canadian scholarships for Nigerian students:
- Simon Fraser University (SFU) Undergraduate Scholars Entrance Scholarship
- The University of Alberta Scholarship For Research Students
- University of Manitoba Undergraduate Bursary For International Students
- University of British Columbia Rio Tinto Graduate Scholarship Program
- University of Toronto International Admission Scholarships
- University of Ottawa President’s Scholarship for International Students
- University of Guelph Commonwealth Undergraduate Scholarships for Developing Countries
- University of Winnipeg President’s Scholarships for International Students
- Africa Continent Scholarship at Niagara College, Canada
- Quest University Presidential Scholarships for International Undergraduate Students
1. Simon Fraser University (SFU) Undergraduate Scholars Entrance Scholarship
Simon Fraser University is a public research university in British Columbia, Canada, with three campuses: Burnaby, Surrey, and Vancouver.
SFU operates according to British Columbia’s University Act, with two governing bodies.
It was founded upon the recommendation of a 1962 report entitled Higher Education in British Columbia and a Plan for the Future, by John B. Macdonald.
Undergraduate Scholarship is offered for a Bachelors’ degree in the field of All Subjects offered by the University.
The deadline for sending your application varies.
This scholarship is provided by Simon Fraser University (SFU), Canada and the value of this scholarship is Only tuition fees, the First Semester, and can be extended.
However, this scholarship is open to all nationals.
It is offered by Simon Fraser University to support undergraduate students financially.
- Applicants of Undergraduate Scholars Entrance Scholarship must hold an offer letter for the undergraduate programme at their university.
- Students applying for Undergraduate Scholars Entrance Scholarship must have a 90% percentage in their 12th or equivalent which is required by them to receive an offer letter.
- Undergraduate Scholars Entrance Scholarship is for both domestic and international students.
Scholarship Value: Only tuition fees, First semester and can be extended.
Click this link to apply: Application Form
2. The University of Alberta Scholarship For Research Students
The University of Alberta, also known as U of A or UAlberta, is a public research university located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
It was founded in 1908 by Alexander Cameron Rutherford, the first premier of Alberta, and Henry Marshall Tory, the university’s first president.
It is the home to leading experts in many fields including health, artificial intelligence, energy, agriculture, AgTech, quantum, the environment, natural resources, our past, climate change, and smart technology to name a few.
The University of Alberta offers a Postgraduate Scholarship for both international and national students.
To be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must be:
- a responsible student (ideally a NUFS graduate) interested in the project
- with a GPA of 3.7 or higher.
Scholarship Value: Fully Funded
Visit this page to apply: Application Form
3. University of Manitoba Undergraduate Bursary For International Students
The University of Manitoba is a non-denominational, public research university in the province of Manitoba, Canada.
It was founded in 1877, it is the first university in western Canada.
However, the University of Manitoba is the largest university consistently ranked among the top in Canadian Universities.
You should take the next step in your career by joining the International Undergraduate Student Bursary funded by the University of Manitoba for this academic year.
This scholarship is available for students around the globe.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Must register for and complete at least 60 percent of a full course load per term.
- Must meet minimum G.P.A. requirements.
- Continuing students must have a minimum degree G.P.A. of 2.0.
- New students (from high school) must have a grade 12 average of 70% or higher.
- International students in their first year of post-secondary study in Canada are not eligible to apply.
Documents Required for Application
- All undergraduate students must register and complete at least 60 percent of a full course load over the regular academic session with registration in both the Fall and Winter terms.
- There are a few bursaries offered for part-time students registered in both the Fall and Winter Terms.
- Graduate students do not have to adhere to credit hour minimums provided they are registered as full-time students over the Fall and Winter Terms with the Faculty of Graduate Studies
- Continuing University of Manitoba students must meet a GPA requirement of a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- New students entering high school must have a grade 12 average of 70 percent or higher.
- International students in their first year of post-secondary study in Canada are not eligible to apply to the general bursary program.
- Financial needs must be clearly documented on the application.
- Students who have applied for government student aid/loans from other provinces must provide a copy of a current government loan assessment to support their declaration of financial need.
Scholarship Value: Scholarship worth up to $240,000 and is available annually.
The award will be divided among eligible candidates according to their needs.
Visit this link to apply: Application Form
4.University of British Columbia Rio Tinto Graduate Scholarship Program
The University of British Columbia is a public research university with campuses in Vancouver and Kelowna, British Columbia.
Established in 1908, UBC is British Columbia’s oldest university. The university ranks among the top three universities in Canada.
However, as part of its ongoing commitment to innovation and research, Rio Tinto offers an $18,000 graduate scholarship for a UBC graduate student in a field of pure or applied science related to Rio Tinto’s activities in mining.
- To be eligible, applicants must be enrolled or accepted in a first-year Master’s or first or second-year Doctoral studies in this academic year.
- The scholarship is non-renewable and students who received the scholarship in the past are not eligible to apply again.
Eligible Research Areas
- Aluminum metallurgy
- Electrolysis of molten salts
- Science of the environment
- Analytical technologies
- Modeling and control systems
- Data Science
Scholarship Value: Scholarship worth up to $18,000
Visit this link to apply: Application Form
5. University of Toronto International Admission Scholarships
The University of Toronto is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, located because surrounds Queen’s Park.
It was founded by royal charter in 1827 as King’s College, the first institution of higher learning in Upper Canada.
Annually, the University of Toronto awards 4,000 admission scholarships to its incoming domestic and international students.
- Applicants must be International students
- Applicants must have applied or applied to the University of Toronto
- Applicants must be fluent in the English Language
- Applicants should check and meet the university’s admission requirements on the admission requirements page.
- The scholarship awards and cut-offs will vary by division, faculty, and college.
Visit the school’s website for more info https://www.utoronto.ca/
Please kindly visit this link to apply: Application Form
6. University of Ottawa President’s Scholarship for International Students
The University of Ottawa, often referred to as Ottawa, Ottawa or U of O, is a bilingual public research university in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
It was first established as the College of Bytown in 1848 by the first bishop of the Catholic Archdiocese of Ottawa, Joseph-Bruno Guigues.
Placed under the direction of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate, it was renamed the College of Ottawa in 1861 and received university status five years later through a royal charter.
Moreover, the University of Ottawa is the largest English-French bilingual university in the world.
The school is co-educational and enrolls over 35,000 undergraduate and over 6,000 post-graduate students every academic year.
The President’s Scholarship is one of the most prestigious scholarships offered by the University of Ottawa.
This scholarship aims to recognize a newly admitted international student whose work and commitment provide an exceptionally good reflection of the University of Ottawa’s objectives.
To be eligible, you must:
- be an international student
- holding a student visa
- be admitted to an undergraduate program.
- be registered full-time in a direct-entry faculty or integrated program offered with a direct-entry faculty.
- have a minimum admission average of 92%.
- show leadership qualities and commitment to academic and extracurricular activities.
Scholarship Value: $30,000 ($7,500 per year)
Renewable: Yes, if you meet the renewal criteria
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, accessible through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca.
7. University of Guelph Commonwealth Undergraduate Scholarships for Developing Countries
The University of Guelph is a comprehensive public research university in Guelph, Ontario, Canada.
Guelph was established in 1964 after the amalgamation of Ontario Agricultural College, the MacDonald Institute, and the Ontario Veterinary College.
It has since grown to an institution of more than 32,000 students and over 1,500 faculty as of fall 2015.
Moreover, the university offers 94 undergraduate degrees, 48 graduate programs, and 6 associate degrees in many different disciplines.
Scholarship applications are now open for the University of Guelph Undergraduate Commonwealth Scholarship for students from developing nations to study in Canada.
This scholarship was established in honor of Dr. C. John Small, OAC BSA ’42, Hon D. Law ’75, and his lifelong dedication to foreign service.
An award of $1,500 will be awarded to the successful applicant, I’m sure you won’t like to miss this opportunity.
Full-time visiting exchange students registered for at least one semester from a Commonwealth developing country who are pursuing studies or conducting research in the area of agriculture and rural development.
Selection will be based on the assessment of:
- A one-page submission describing the significance for the student visiting Guelph to the program of study at the partner exchange University.
- Two faculty references of no more than one page each.
- And consistent high performance in course work completed, as documented by a transcript of program grades to date.
Scholarship Value: 1 award of $1,500
Visit this link to apply: Application Form
8. University of Winnipeg President’s Scholarships for International Students
The University of Winnipeg is a public research university in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, that offers undergraduate faculties of art, business, and economics, education, science, and kinesiology and applied health as well as graduate programs.
The University of Winnipeg was established in 1967 when United College received its charter.
The University of Winnipeg announced the creation of 53 new entrance scholarships for international students who will be entering The University of Winnipeg for the first time.
Moreover, the scholarship is given to international students entering any of the University’s divisions for the first time –Undergraduate, Graduate, Collegiate, PACE, or ELP.
Applicants must have a minimum 80% admission average or equivalent and must be involved in activities that demonstrate leadership.
A qualifying year or Pre-Masters students do not qualify.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum 80% admission average or equivalent
- Be an international student
- Entering the first year of any program
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities
- Submit a complete admission application by the scholarship deadline date
Scholarship Value: The University of Winnipeg President’s Scholarships for World Leaders for Graduate Students are valued at $5,000.
Documents Required for Application
- A completed application form
- One 250-500 word personal statement
- A curriculum vitae
- Two references who can speak to your extra-curricular/volunteer activities
How to Apply
Please send your complete application, including supporting documents, in one PDF document to [email protected]
9. Africa Continent Scholarship at Niagara College, Canada
The Niagara College, Canada is offering a $2,000 study cost to selected students who want to pursue a degree program at the Institution.
Why choose to study at Niagara College? Niagara College ensures that its graduates are placed in the best companies and are doing their dream jobs.
It always encourages its students to engage in and learn skills that will satisfy the employers and enhance the kind of knowledge they take along to the workplace and increase their chances of getting placed in a renowned company.
Application Deadline: Open
Eligible Countries: Africa
Value of Award: $2,000
Number of Awards: Not Specified
- Applicants must be a resident of any African country.
- Applicants must be enrolled at accepted in the applied programme by the college.
- Applicants must provide ACT or SAT scores to get admitted to any undergraduate degree programmes and GRE or GMAT scores for graduate degree programmes.
- Applicants must attain minimum required scores on the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 79
- IELTS – 6.5
How to Apply:
Applicants must log in to the university portal and complete the application process. The applicants must fill out the application form for the opportunity and send it via mail to [email protected].
Visit The Official Website For More Information
10. Quest University Presidential Scholarships for International Undergraduate Students
Quest university offers scholarships to students whose applications show they could make extraordinary contributions to Quest and beyond.
Applicants access and submit Scholarship applications on SquareOne, Quest’s application portal.
Applicants will receive login information for SquareOne after submitting their Quest Application or Common Application.
Scholarship applications must be submitted at the time of application and before posted deadlines.
Priority is given to applications submitted by March 1.
Here are the following scholarships at Quest University you can apply for:
- $2,000 to $8,000/year
Presidential Scholarships are awarded to students who have distinguished themselves not only through their academic performance but also through their curiosity, ability to lead, and willingness to contribute to their community.
Quest’s Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Sciences (BA&Sc) program is rigorous.
An applicant’s academic record is important for this scholarship, but all components of the admissions application are weighed during the evaluation.
Reference letters and a resume or CV can significantly strengthen the application.
This award is available to all applicants.
Canadian Academic Performance Scholarship
Quest is committed to providing a liberal arts and sciences education of the highest quality for Canadian undergraduates.
The Canadian Academic Performance Scholarship (CAPS) provides a $10,000 scholarship;
It’s available to all Canadian citizens and permanent residents who apply with an 80% average or above and are accepted into Quest as full-time students.
Full program details, including province and territory-specific course eligibility, are available here.
LEAP Scholarship (Presidential)
The Leaders in Elite Athletics & Performance (LEAP) program helps eligible candidates pursue both an education and excellence in their art or sport, and is designed for athletes and performers at the professional or elite level.
Applicants must indicate within their online admissions application that they plan to apply for the LEAP program, and the LEAP application will be available if and when a student receives a general admission offer.
Successful applicants are automatically awarded the scholarship amount, which constitutes the first portion of the Presidential Scholarship.
To retain their LEAP scholarship, recipients must remain eligible for the LEAP program. Full program details are available in the Academic Calendar.
Gap Year Scholarships (Presidential)
Quest University is proud to partner with select Gap Year Programs.
In recognition of completion of these programs, successful applicants will be awarded a $5,000 annual scholarship, renewable for four years.
This award constitutes the first portion of the Presidential Scholarship.
UWC Scholarship (Presidential)
If the United World College experience changed your life, Quest might be the perfect place to continue your intellectual journey.
The UWC Scholarship is automatically awarded to admitted students who complete the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme at a United World College and who opt-in to Financial Aid on their application.
Awarded UWC Scholarships constitute the first portion of the Presidential Scholarship.
Quest scholarships are awarded upon entrance and are renewable provided the continuing student maintains scholarship-specific eligibility criteria each year.
Scholarships must be applied for before beginning at Quest.
Scholarships are not awarded to students who have already begun their studies at Quest.
Detailed information about Quest’s scholarship policies, processes, and terms can be found in the Academic Calendar.
Visit the official scholarship website for more information
- Rhodes Global Scholarships in UK 2022
- Undergraduate Merit Scholarship for Project Management at the University of Sydney
- York University International Scholarship in Canada
- Federal Government Scholarship for Undergraduate
I have read so many posts about the blogger lovers however this post is really a good piece of writing, keep it up