Bill H James Foundation Scholarship Fund for Aspiring African American Engineers in USA 2022 will be awarded to outstanding candidates.
The Bill H James Foundation Scholarship Fund for aspiring African American Engineers in the United States is accepting applications for the school year 2022/23.
The prizes strive to make a difference in the lives of outstanding children throughout California. This outlines why the undergraduate and graduate scholarships are unique, and how they have impacted the lives of people who have received them.
Worth of Award: Scholarships will be awarded annually and award amounts may vary annually.
- Be American citizens.
- Be Black/African American (non-Hispanic).
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.2.
- Be enrolled in an engineering program at a California four-year college or university and pursue a degree or course of study in engineering.
- Undergraduate students must be in their Junior or Senior year of study during the academic year 2022-2023 and must take at least 12 units every semester/quarter.
- During the 2022/2023 academic year, graduate students must have a minimum of two academic semesters or one year to finish their Master’s degree and must take at least eight units every semester/quarter.
How to Apply
All supporting documentation must be typed and submitted into a single PDF document and should include:
- A copy of one signed reference letter from a college professor or employer on official letterhead
- A copy of unofficial transcripts from your college/university. If not currently enrolled, upload an acceptance letter.
- A headshot photo.
- A current resume.
- A one to two-page essay (double spaced) outlining an engineering project that you would want to develop in the future. Explain how increasing diversity within the engineering profession would improve your project. Demonstrate how your academic potential and leadership would help achieve this project.
Deadline: The deadline for submission of the Bill H James Foundation Scholarship Fund is May 15, 2022.
Visit the official website for more information.
Recommended for you