BIEA Research Fellowships for Early Career Researchers from East Africa 2022￼
For the BIEA Research Fellowships for Early Career Researchers from East Africa in 2022, the British Institute in Eastern Africa is accepting applications.
The BIEA is looking for a few early-career researchers who have finished their PhD studies within the previous five years.
This includes time off for family obligations or other necessary work pauses.
In turn, researchers will fill a number of full-time one-year Research Fellow posts at the Nairobi-based research center.
Candidates should work in any humanities or social science subject.
They must, however, be able to show that their study is relevant to one of the six Research Themes:
- Retelling the Past
- Changing Environments
- Urban Lives
- Technologies of Politics
- Next Generations
- Epidemics, pandemics, and epizootics
Worth of Award
For the purposes of this fellowship, a competitive salary and benefits package will be given.
This will, as predicted, be suitable for the fellows’ experience and level in their careers.
BIEA Research Fellowships Requirement
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- have the legal permission to work in Kenya and be ready to begin on April 1, 2022.
- originate in any of the East African Community’s member countries (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda).
- have completed a PhD within the previous five years or be on the verge of completing one. (For example, the application must contain a letter from the applicant’s PhD supervisor stating that the candidate has submitted their dissertation and is awaiting their viva.) The PhD should be in a humanities or social science area with a locally relevant theme.
Applicants, on the other hand,
- should be working on a research topic that will provide creative and policy-relevant scholarship in the humanities and social sciences as it relates to Eastern Africa and Africa as a whole.
- Should be able to communicate well in English, both in writing and orally.
- If you work in a university or another organization, you must get permission from your boss to take a year-long external position.
- Academics whose research goes outside the BIEA’s usual geographical and scientific emphasis are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply for BIEA Research Fellowships
A comprehensive CV with the names and contact information for three references, as well as a cover letter, will be included in your application. In addition, you’ll need the following documents:
- A proposal for study that will be carried out during the year. Without a doubt, this will contain at least one publication outline to be submitted to a high-impact journal throughout the year (maximum 3 pages).
- A proposal for a joint research project including at least one UK-based professor and BIEA as a partner, which will be developed and submitted to a specific funding organization throughout the year (maximum 2 pages).
- Contributions to the development of the BIEA’s academic environment (maximum 1 page).
- Applications should be submitted to [email protected]
Deadline: Applications for the BIEA Research Fellowships for Early Career Researchers must be received on February 15th, 2022, by 1700h EAT.
Recommended for You:
- West African Research Association Residency Fellowship 202
- Climate Tracker Just Transition Journalism Fellowship 2022
- Active Citizen Fellowship for Young Nigerians 2022
- CrossCulture Programme Fellowships 2022
- PEN America Emerging Voices Fellowship for Early-Career Writers 2022
- Boehm Media Fellowship for high-impact Media Experts in Canada 2022