Are you a lady from Angola, Ethiopia, Madagascar, or Somalia who wants to start a business? Do you want to take your company to the next level and grow it? Women entrepreneurs may apply now for the Business Incubator Communities (BIC) Africa Acceleration Program 2022.
The second cohort of the Online Acceleration Program for Women Entrepreneurs from Angola, Ethiopia, Madagascar, and Somalia was established by BIC Africa, with funding from the European Union. Through a combination of live training modules, coaching sessions, exercises, and a mentoring program with women experts from Africa and Europe with extensive experience in supporting innovative entrepreneurs and start-ups, the program will support 15 women business owners across all sectors and business types.
The following items will be included in the program:
- Eight live training courses.
- 4 sessions of group coaching
- 3 networking opportunities
- Exercising and gaining access to supporting materials
- International mentorship support for an ad hoc helpdesk
- a certificate of appreciation
- Applicant must be a woman (minimum age of 18) who is the founder/owner of a company that has already been established and has significant growth potential, or an entrepreneur working on a project concept with high growth potential.
Requirements for the BIC Africa Acceleration Program
- Being a citizen of Angola, Ethiopia, Madagascar, or Somalia is required.
- Be available to participate in the Program between May and September 2022, with a maximum of 2 hours each week for online sessions + time to work independently and reflect on the learnings.
- Already have a business/project and want to expand it?
- Demonstrate a commitment to participation in all Acceleration Program activities and aiding with future program enhancements.
Have a consistent internet connection.
- Have an excellent understanding of the English language.
Women who have innovative and/or high-growth potential initiatives or businesses will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- The pertinence of the project, product, or service – 10 Points
- Innovation and impact on the community – 10 Points
- Entrepreneurial profile/team – 10 Points
- The growth potential of the project or start-up – 20 Points
- Feasibility of project, product, or service – 20 Points
- Investment readiness – 10 Points
How to Apply for the BIC Africa Acceleration Program
By May 9, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. CET, complete the application form.
Recommended for You
- European Commission Youth4Regions Program 2022 for Aspiring journalists
- Sasol South African Bursary Programme for South African Students 2022
- ICFJ Emerging Media Leaders Program 2022 for Latin America & the Caribbean
- University of Edinburgh AI Accelerator Programme 2022 (Win up to £10,000)
- LASU Top-up Program Admission Form for 2021/2022
- NAWA Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange Ulam Programme in Poland 2022
- Centre for African Leaders in Agriculture (CALA) Advanced Leadership Program 2022
- Cherie Blair Mentorship Program 2022 for Women Entrepreneurs
- EMERGING Mediterranean Program 2022 for Entrepreneurs
- YUMSUK Receives NUC Approval for New Programs