In the United States, the Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University is seeking applications for fellowships in 2022.
This fellowship is for scholars who want to spend 2022-2023 in residence at the Center for Internet and Society in Cambridge, MA, as part of the Center’s vibrant community of research and practice, and who want to engage in a collaborative, cross-disciplinary, and cross-sectoral exploration of the Internet’s most pressing issues.
Worth of Award
- BKC funded fellows appointed through the open call for applications are eligible to receive stipends of $72,000 annually. This comes with additional funding of $5,000 for personal or research-specific expenses.
- For fellows having external funding, the Berkman Klein Center will complement this funding with an additional stipend of $10,000. This can be used for living, travel, and research expenses.
Berkman Klein Center for Internet and Society Fellowships Requirement
- People whose work on the Internet and society intersects with the Berkman Klein Center’s current work and exposes our community to new possibilities and methods are encouraged to apply.
- It encourages applications from persons who believe that a year as a fellow in its varied community will accelerate their efforts and help to their continuing personal and professional growth.
- Scholars, practitioners, inventors, engineers, artists, and anyone devoted to understanding and promoting the public good are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply for Berkman Klein Center for Internet and Society Fellowships
Applications will be submitted online through the Berkman Klein Application Tracker at: http://brk.mn/2223apply.
PDF attachments you will be required to upload include the following:
- A current résumé or curriculum vitae
- A personal statement should be between 250 and 500 words long, but not more than 1500 words in total. The following three questions should be addressed in your statement:
- What kind of research do you want to do during your fellowship year?
- Describe the issues you’re attempting to resolve;
- Describe the approaches that might be used to help you with your study; and
- Discuss the public good and/or the communities you want to help with your efforts.
- What makes you think the Berkman Klein Center is the best location for you to perform this work?
Please give your opinion on the following:
- how engaging colleagues from other backgrounds – with a variety of experiences and skills in subjects you are unfamiliar with – could enliven your job; and
- the talents, contacts, and perspectives you may bring to the Center’s community and programs.
How does your personal background inform and influence your research?
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until Monday, January 31, 2022, at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
Recommended for You:
- MBARI Science Communication Fellowship for Recent Graduates 2022
- Phenomenal Woman Scholarship for African American Female students 2022
- University of Edinburgh MBA Scholarships for International Students 2022
- Royal Society JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship for Scientists in the UK 2022
- Atlas Corps Fellowships for Emerging Leaders from Madagascar in USA 2022
- Teach For Kosovo Fellowship 2022