Bennett Jones Future Leaders in Law Scholarship Program in Canada will be awarded to outstanding students for the year 2022.
Bennett Jones LLP in Canada is accepting applications for the Bennett Jones Future Leaders in Law Scholarship Program for the school year 2022/23.
Bennett Jones LLP is distinguished from its competition by its ability to provide an exceptional client experience, its in-depth understanding of its clients’ companies and sectors, its track record of developing long-term client relationships, and its roster of highly trained attorneys.
It stands for its customers and sees things through their eyes – across industries, sectors, and countries.
Worth of Award:
- Each of the three recipients will receive $10,000 for use towards their first-year tuition in a recognized J.D. or LL.B. program at a Canadian law school (the “First-Year Award”).
- Each recipient is also eligible to receive an additional $10,000 per year for use towards their second and third-year tuition of that same or other recognized J.D./L.L.B. program at an accredited Canadian law school (the “Upper-Year Awards”) provided the recipient continues to meet the eligibility criteria below.
Bennett Jones Future Leaders in Law Scholarship Eligibility
To be considered for a First-Year Award, an applicant must:
- Be in their first year of full-time study at a recognized Canadian law school under a J.D./L.L.B. program.
- Be a Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident of Canada.
- Associate with at least one of the following groups:
- Canadian First Nations, Métis or Inuit.
- African Canadian, African, Afro-Caribbean, Afro-Latino or other Black groups.
- First-generation to complete or be in the process of completing post-secondary education (i.e., the student’s parents or guardians did not complete post-secondary education). “Post-secondary education” means college, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma; university certificate or diploma below bachelor level; or a university degree (bachelor’s degree; university certificate or diploma above bachelor level; degree in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine or optometry; master’s degree; earned a doctorate).
- Demonstrate an interest in pursuing a future career in business law.
How to Apply for Bennett Jones Future Leaders in Law Scholarship
- Applicants for a First-Year Award must provide :
- A cover letter describing: (1) the applicant’s educational goals and career plan and how the financial assistance provided by a Bennett Jones LLP Future Leaders in Law Scholarship will help them achieve these goals; and (2) how or why the applicant, through their academic, work, extra-curricular and/or community involvement, is a strong candidate for the scholarship.
- Official transcripts from all university-level undergraduate and graduate programs, whether in Canada or abroad.
- At least one, but no more than two, reference letter(s) in support of the applicant’s academic, work, extra-curricular or community involvement, as may be referred to by the applicant in their single-page cover letter. The reference should not be from a family member or related person.
All application materials should be sent to [email protected].
Deadline: June 30 by 11:59 p.m. EDT.
Recommended for you
- Sanctuary Scholarship for Undergraduate and Masters at Oxford Brookes University, UK
- International Freshmen Merit Scholarships at Utah Tech University, USA
- International Faculty of Architecture and Design Scholarships at Ozyegin University
- Faculty of Economics & Administrative Sciences International Scholarships
- PhD Scholarship on the Value of Financial Advice at CBS in Denmark
- Philosophy in Development Management Scholarships for International Students, Ghana
- PhD Scholarship in Criminology for International Students at Ghent University
- PhD Scholarships in Geoinformatics for African Students at Heidelberg University, Germany