Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships for Researchers in Canada 2022 ($70,000)
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships for Researchers in Canada is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the year 2022.
In 2022, the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) is accepting applications for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships for Canadian Researchers.
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships enable highly motivated and competitive scholars to reach their full potential and advance their careers. Banting fellows will be well-positioned to contribute to the sustained expansion of Canada’s research capability as well as the country’s economic and social success after their fellowships are completed.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides financing to the brightest postdoctoral candidates from around the country and across the world who will help the country’s economic, social, and research-based progress.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program’s objective is to:
- Attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally.
- Develop their potential as leaders.
- Prepare them for future success as research leaders.
Worth of Award:
- 70 fellowships are awarded annually; approximately 140 awards are active at any time.
- They are worth $70,000 per year (taxable)
Applicants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, or foreign citizens who satisfy the following requirements:
- Non-Canadian nationals and permanent residents may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents who have a Ph.D., PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree from a foreign university are only eligible to undertake a Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship in a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents who have a Ph.D., PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree from a Canadian university are eligible to hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship in either a Canadian or an international institution.
How to Apply: Individual application documents can be submitted in either English or French. If another language is required to express a particular idea (e.g., a specialized concept), be sure to provide an explanation in French or English.
Deadline: The deadline for complete application submission is September 21, 2022 (20:00 EDT.)
Visit the official website for more information.
Recommended for you
- African Economic Research Consortium PhD Fellowships for African Economists, 2022/2023
- IEG Fellowships for Doctoral Students – Germany, 2022/2023
- Barbro Klein Fellowship Programme on Global Cultural and Social Diversity in Sweden 2023
- Alfred Friendly Investigative Reporting Fellowship in USA 2023
- Center for Fiction/Susan Kamil Emerging Writer Fellowships 2022 ($5,000 grant)
- Atlas Corps Fellowship 2022 for Climate Change and Environmental Professionals
- Civic Spring Fellowship National Program 2022 for Youth-led Organisations (up to $25,000)
- International Doctoral Researchers Scholarships at the University Of Bayreuth in Germany 2022
- DAAD Scholarships in Development Management and Agric Economics for African Students, 2022