The Austrian Government Scholarships Foundation is accepting applications for a scholarship for overseas students in Austria in 2022.
International students are invited to apply for 2019 scholarship grants from the Austrian Federal Ministry of Science, Research, and Economy (BMWFW) and the European Union.
An award may only be given once per category, and it cannot be renewed.
Scholarships are also available for study stays at Austrian scientific research centers (e.g. universities, Austrian Academy of Sciences, National Library, National Archive).
Undergraduates, graduates, and postgraduates are all eligible to apply. The following are some of the research topics:
- Natural Sciences
- Technical Sciences
- Human Medicine, Health Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Social Sciences
Worth of Award
- Monthly scholarship instalment: 1.050 EUR
- Health insurance
- Travel Cost
Austrian Government Scholarships Requirement
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be considered.
- Descendants of Nazi forced laborers (regardless of their place of origin) or those from nations that were particularly hard hit by the Nazi government, particularly in terms of forced labor recruitment.
- Students that match the aforementioned requirements may apply to conduct research.
- on their bachelor’s dissertation
- on their master’s thesis or diploma
- or their doctoral dissertation
- There are no scholarships available for Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral/PhD studies, summer courses, language courses, clinical traineeships, or internships in Austria.
- Applicants must not have studied, conducted research, or worked in academia in Austria in the six months prior to applying for the scholarship.
How to Apply for Austrian Government Scholarships
The following documents have to be uploaded for the Online Application on www.scholarships.at:
- Completed “Application for a Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria” online application form, together with a CV and a project plan explaining the plans and completed preparatory work for the research stay in Austria.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors at the university. There is no set form for these letters of reference; they must have the letterhead, date, and signature of the person recommending the candidate, as well as the university/department stamp, and they must be no more than six months old at the time of application. The confirmation of supervision and the letters of recommendation cannot be provided by the same individual.
- Confirmation of supervision by an Austrian university, university of applied sciences, or research institute.
- Passport scanned (showing the name and picture of the applicant)
- Proof of enrolment in a study program at a university outside Austria, or a university graduation certificate of your diploma, master’s, PhD, or doctoral studies at a university outside Austria.
- Confirmation of your enrollment in a study program at your home institution (Bachelor, Master/Diploma, or PhD).
- Processing number or photocopy of the letter of information or other required evidence for descendants of forced laborers
Deadline: Application closes March 1, 2022.
Recommended for you:
- Mosaic Scholarship for Students of Color in the USA or Canada 2022
- University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarships 2022
- Bangchak Masters Scholarships for African Students at AIT in Thailand 2022
- Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships at University of York 2022
- Columbia University Scholarships for Displaced Students 2022
- TaiwanICDF International Higher Education Scholarship Program 2022
- University of Oulu International Scholarships in Finland 2022