Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships at the University of Adelaide will be given to excellent overseas graduates.
For the academic year 2021/2022, the University of Adelaide is accepting applications for the Australian Government Research Training Program (RTPS) Scholarships for Outstanding International Students.
The University of Adelaide provides a number of Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships to excellent overseas graduates from any country who want to pursue a Master’s or Doctorate degree by research at the university.
Worth of Award:
- Research Training Program Fee Offset: Provides a fee offset scholarship which covers the cost of tuition fees for a higher degree by a research student of the University of Adelaide for the standard duration of the academic program (Research Master: up to 2 years; Doctor of Philosophy: up to 4 years). Any gap between the RTP Fee Offset and the Tuition Fees charged is waived by the university for the standard duration of the academic program.
- Research Training Program Stipend: Provides a living allowance of $28,854 (2022 rate) per annum (2022 rate, indexed annually) for up to 2 years for a Research Master’s degree, and up to 3 years (with a possible 6-month extension) for a Doctor of Philosophy. It is likely to be tax-exempt, subject to Taxation Office approval.
- Research Training Program Allowance: Provides financial support for an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), plus relocation and publication expenses.
Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships Eligibility
- Applicants must be qualified to participate in a full-time University of Adelaide Higher Degree by Research (HDR) program (Students who are interested in awards for half-time study should see Section 3 Study Load).
- International candidates must retain their status as an “international student” during their time at the University. If applicants are later awarded a new visa category or permanent residence, they must notify the Adelaide Graduate Centre so that any appropriate transition arrangements may be made.
- Scholarship eligibility will not be determined until the qualification has been successfully fulfilled (and appropriate documentation submitted) before the scholarship closing date. Domestic candidates who complete a qualification at an Australian institution during the semester of application will be considered.
- For their application to be considered, international candidates must produce proof of achieving the minimal English language competency standards for direct entrance before the scholarship deadline.
- Scholarship consideration is not available to international students who have already started their HDR degree at the University of Adelaide.
- Applicants must not be presently receiving an RTP Scholarship, an abroad funded scholarship, or any other Commonwealth Government grant or scholarship meant to defray HDR tuition.
- Applicants must not be receiving any other award, scholarship, or income that would allow them to pursue the planned degree (equivalent being defined as greater than 75% of the base stipend).
- Applicants must be able to start their research within the times specified in Section 4 Commencement.
Master of Philosophy (No Honours) applicants only:
- Must be pursuing, or have already finished and received, a relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a distinction average (GPA of 6.0 or above).
- International students are only eligible if they are completing or have finished their Bachelor’s degree at the University of Adelaide.
- Applicants must not have started, be presently enrolled in, or possess any form of Honours Degree or postgraduate diploma at any institution.
How to Apply for Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships
Application for ‘Admission and a Scholarship’ must be submitted using the Online Application Form.
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their scholarship application by the end of October 2022.
- Recipients must commence their research program in semester 1, 2022.
- Applicants are expected to commence studies as soon as possible in the approved semester.
Deadline: Applications will close on July 1, 2022.
Recommended for you
- Nigerian Agip Exploration Limited Postgraduate Scholarship for Nigerians
- TY Danjuma Scholarships at Leading Business Schools, 2022
- Global Leadership & Peacebuilding Scholarship at King’s College London
- Joint Peace and Security in Africa Scholarships at Leipzig University, Germany
- International Masters Scholarship at Edith Cowan University in Australia