The Australia Awards Scholarships 2022/2023 are now open for applications.
The Australian Government-funded awards are intended for students and professionals from poor countries across the world.
You may take advantage of the chance by verifying if you are eligible and learning about the application deadlines in your nation.
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade administers the Australia Awards Scholarships program, which aims to contribute to the development needs of Australia’s partner nations in accordance with bilateral and regional agreements.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Australian Government through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Scholarships to be taken at Australian Universities/Institutions.
Scholarship Type: Fully-Funded Scholarships
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (Masters and Short Courses).
Scholarship Worth/Allowance: Fully-Funded.
Subject Eligibility: All subject areas.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Developing countries
Details of the Australia Awards Scholarship
Scholarships are available for persons from poor nations, notably those in the Indo-Pacific area, to study full-time at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutes.
Requirements for the Australia Awards Scholarships 2022 | Eligibility Criteria
- Students from underdeveloped nations are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a master’s degree program at a public Australian institution.
- Applicants who want to receive an Australia Awards Scholarship must sign a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia stating that they will adhere to the scholarship’s terms and conditions.
- After finishing their scholarship, students must leave Australia for at least two years. Failure to do so will result in the scholar acquiring debt for the amount of their scholarship that has been accumulated.
- Also, for all participating nations, double-check country-specific eligibility.
Worth of Scholarship
- Scholarships from Australia Awards are awarded for the least amount of time required to finish the academic program indicated by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. In general, the following advantages apply:
- tuition costs in full
- return air travel entails paying for a single round-trip economy class ticket to and from Australia through the shortest route.
- establishment allowance—a one-time payment to help with living costs, textbooks, and study supplies.
- Contribution to Living Expenditures (CLE) – a weekly payment to cover basic living expenses set by the department.
- Introductory Academic Curriculum (IAP)—a mandatory program containing information on living and studying in Australia before beginning official academic education.
- For the length of the award (for award holders only), Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is given to cover the scholar’s basic medical needs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
- Pre-course English (PCE) costs may be offered for students for in-country and/or in-Australia instruction if considered essential.
- Additional academic assistance may be offered to help a scholar achieve academic achievement or improve their academic experience.
- For qualifying research students, fieldwork (for research awards and Masters by coursework with a research component when fieldwork is required) may be available for one roundtrip economy class flight to their country of citizenship or inside Australia.
How to Apply for the Australia Awards Scholarship 2022
The application procedure for the Australia Awards Scholarship is in two ways:
Go to the Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS).
When you register online, you will be asked a series of questions in order to determine your eligibility. After that, you’ll be issued a registration number, username, and password that are all unique to you.
You may apply by mail if you are unable to submit your application online.
Please see your participating country’s profile for contact information on how to get a hardcopy application form and additional templates like referee reports (if applicable).
Deadline for applications: Friday, April 29, 2022, at 11:59 a.m. AEST.
Recommended for You
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Online at the University of Edinburgh in UK 2022
- SLU International Scholarships to Study in Sweden 2022
- Marine Scholarships for International Students to Study in China 2022
- Nuffield Farming Scholarships for Researchers in the UK 2022
- RMUTT E-CUBE-I Scholarships to Study in Thailand 2022
- 10 Hot Scholarships in Canada | Canadian Scholarships
- One Young World Summit Leading Africa Scholarship in Tokyo 2022
- Eni-Oxford Africa Scholarship Award for MBA Studies in the United Kingdom
- Josephus Foundation Scholarship 2022 [Apply Now]
- Durham University Business School Scholarships for International Students 2022