Asian Development Bank Scholarships 2022
Scholarships in Asia and the Pacific from the Asian Development Bank: Applications for the ADB-Japan Scholarship year 2022/2023 are now available.
Graduate students from all countries who desire to study in Japan on a fully supported basis are welcome to apply.
Every year, the ADB-Japan Scholarship Program (JSP) awards around 135 postgraduate scholarships for courses in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related subjects.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Asian Development Bank/Japan Government
Scholarship to be taken at: See the list of Academic Institutions
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Scholarship Worth: Full funding (Amount not stated)
Number of Awards: 135 Scholarships per year
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters and PhD)
Nationality: International students
Asian Development Bank Scholarships Requirement
The academic institution will examine and rank the applications using its own selection criteria while keeping in mind the ADB’s eligibility and selection criteria.
The academic institution may contact the applicants for further information throughout the assessment process.
The academic institution will then provide ADB its ranked list of candidates, together with an explanation of the scoring/grading mechanism used to determine the ranking.
- ADB will assess the submissions from academic institutions and propose grantees to the Executive Director of Japan for official approval based on ADB’s selection criteria.
- ADB would advise academic institutions on the successful applicants after the Executive Director of Japan has given his approval.
- All applicants will be notified of the results of the selection process, and the academic institution will begin making plans for the grantees to take up their scholarships.
- Academic institutions will arrange for the signature of a scholarship acceptance letter by the awardee, in which the students pledge to return to their home country after completing their studies.
- Through the university, ADB will send appropriate congratulations letters to scholars.
Application for Asian Development Bank Scholarships
How-to-Apply: To apply for ADB-Japan scholarship 2022, applicants should follow these steps;
Step1: Request information
Applicants should contact the academic institution of their choice for further information and application forms.
Applicants are advised to use a variety of resources, including the institutions’ websites and handbooks, as well as in-country institution information sessions, to help them make an educated choice about which academic institution and course they want to pursue.
See the Academic Institutions List.
Step 2: Apply for scholarship
- Applicants should inform their academic institution that they are seeking for admission and would want to be considered for the ADB–JSP Scholarship when they submit their application.
- The academic institution shall receive the completed institution application form and other needed papers, including the ADB–JSP application sheet form.
- Applicants must ensure that their paperwork is correct and full.
- If paperwork or information submitted is subsequently shown to be fraudulent, failure to do so may result in an application not being completed or an award being cancelled.
- Applicants must present either their most recent income tax return or a confirmation of their annual/monthly wage, whichever is more recent.
- They should also provide a family income certification (parents’ income).
Download scholarship application form [MS Word] or application form [PDF]
Scholarship applications should be submitted at least six months before the start of your study.
Application Deadline: Varies by institutions
Recommended for You:
- RIPS DAAD Masters and PhD Scholarships 2022
- University of Toronto Engineering Admission Scholarships 2022
- York University International Student Scholarships and Awards 2022
- Erasmus University Management Scholarships 2022
- University of Guelph President’s Scholarship for Undergraduate Students in Canada 2022
- Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Scholarships 2022