Now is the time to apply for the ARPPIS-DAAD PhD Scholarships for icipe 2022.
The ARPPIS PhD Program’s main goal is to equip young African researchers to compete worldwide in research and development contexts within national, regional, and international research initiatives.
ARPPIS scholars receive excellent research facilities in an interdisciplinary environment at icipe, where they participate in a structured three-year PhD program that includes research, training, developing research partnerships, publishing scientific articles, writing grant proposals, and attending scientific meetings and international conferences.
At icipe’s labs and field locations in various agro-ecological zones, scholars perform strategic, creative research.
- All student expenditures, including travel, living expenses, medical insurance, university tuition, and all research and training costs, are covered by the program.
RELATED: Bruce Fishkin Scholarship Fund 2022
ARPPIS-DAAD PhD Scholarships Requirements
- The applicant must be a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African nation.
- A Bachelor’s degree with above-average grades (at least Second Class/Upper Division or equivalent) is required.
- Master’s degree with above-average grades (at least Second Class/Upper Division or equivalent) in natural sciences or another discipline relevant to the Ph.D. study, including coursework and research.
- Depending on the PhD project chosen by the candidate, additional criteria may apply.
- At the time of application, the master’s degree must have been completed within the last six years.
- Applicants must submit a completed application form, a PhD research proposal (based on one of the available PhD programs), and supporting papers.
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Demonstrate clear motivation and a strong commitment.
- Applicants who are currently employed by a public university or who are being considered for university teaching or research positions are urged to apply.
- Female applicants, as well as those from underserved areas or groups, as well as those with impairments, are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants from French- and Portuguese-speaking African nations are also invited to apply.
Application for ARPPIS-DAAD PhD Scholarships
In addition to applying to icipe, students must also apply to the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) for an In-Country/In-Region PhD Scholarship.
By clicking on the links below, you may familiarize yourself with the various application procedures.
Only fully completed icipe and DAAD applications will be evaluated.
For More Information: Visit this Page
Deadline: December 15, 2022