The Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University 2022 is currently accepting applications.
The Ashton Award for Student Research funds studies on Asian tropical forest biology by graduate and advanced undergraduate students.
Professor Peter Ashton and his wife Mary Ashton, via the Peter and Mary Ashton Training Fund, have made the Ashton Award for Student Research feasible.
- Student research expenditures might be supported with up to $4,000 in awards.
Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University Requirements
- Advanced undergraduates and graduate students are eligible for the award.
- The prize is open to all colleges in the United States and all nationals of the United States.
A competitive assessment method is used to award prizes.
The recipient(s) will be chosen based on the student’s educational background and preparedness to perform the planned study, as well as the quality of the proposed research and its connection to the Arnold Arboretum’s purpose.
RELATED: Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for Students Developing Commonwealth countries 2022
Application for Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University
Online applications should contain the following to be eligible for an award:
- Statement of the research. The statement should be one to two paragraphs long and detail your research endeavor as well as how extra money via the Ashton Award will help you achieve your research goals. Names of additional contributors should be included (in addition to your advisor). References should be provided, however, they are not included in the page limit.
- Budget for research. Applicants should provide a one-page budget that breaks out the research and travel expenditures involved with the project.
- Timetable for the project. Applicants should provide a project timeline as well as projected start and finish dates.
- A Curriculum vitae is a kind of resume.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. You must make a request to the two referees to submit a letter of reference as part of the online application (via the request section). A link to an online submission form where the referee may attach a letter of reference will be delivered to the referee instantly through email. It is strongly advised that you contact your reference before submitting the request. Please notify the referee that an email from [email protected] will be sent to them with information on how to submit a recommendation letter. By February 1, each referee must post his or her letter of reference through the URL.
To Apply, Click Here
For More Information: Visit this Page
Deadline: February 1, 2022