Apply for US VISA From Nigeria 2022
If you want to apply for US VISA from Nigeria then this article will be a guide to you.
The US Department of State Consular Electronic Application Center accepts Nigerian passport holders’ visa applications.
Travelers may apply for their US visa a maximum of three months before the date of the trip.
The B1/B2 Visa for the United States is available to Nigerian nationals.
This visa is required for a variety of reasons, including business, leisure travel, and even medical treatment.
Everyone, including Nigerians, are eligible to apply for the B1/B2 visa renewal.
Depending on each circumstance the procedure may be done either online or offline.
Is there anything more you’d want to know about it?
Then kindly read below for all the information on the US B1/B2 Visa for Citizens of Nigeria.
Types of US Visas for Nigeerian Citizens
Here are the two types of US Visas in which any Nigerian with his/her international passports can apply.
However, the two most prevalent non-immigrant visas (Visitor Visas) for the United States are:
- Tourism (B-2)
- Business (B-1)
What is B-2 US VISA (Tourism)
The B-2 Visitor Visa permits the bearer to remain in the United States for a period of up to six months.
Your visits can be for tourism visits, holidays with friends or relatives, medical treatment, and activities of a fraternal, social, or service nature
The visa normally has a two-year validity period.
Please, take note:
Your passport must be valid for at least six months after your return date.
Appointment wait times might be as long as two months.
While the processing period for an application for a visa to the United States is normally between five and fifteen days.
These timeframes may vary based on the kind of application submitted, whether it is comprehensive, and the number of applications received.
What is B-1 US Visa (Business)
The B1 visa is a non-immigrant US visa that authorizes travelers to enter the United States for business reasons.
B1 visa holders may participate in the following activities:
- Negotiate contracts.
- Consult with business colleagues in the US.
- Affirm tenancies.
- Attend conferences, educational, professional, or business gatherings.
The advantage of the B1 visa is that you may create business ties and visit the US as many times as required for business.
You may always reapply for a visa if your current one expires.
The US business visas do not have a limit hence there are no regulations as to how many visas may be given each year.
For both business and pleasure, the United States has issued US visitor visas.
With the B2 visa, you may come to the United States for tourism, leisure, or to see family and friends instead of needing a B1 visa.
List of US Visa Requirements (B-2 and B-1)
Here are the US Visa requirements for both business and tourism US Visa applications.
Travelers will require the following documents:
- An authentic Nigerian passport with two blank pages for visa and entry stamps and a validity period of at least six months beyond your return date is required.
- Passports issued before (for travel history)
- Confirmation page for the DS-160 form Barcoded
- Confirmation of appointment page
- Two-color photographs that fulfill the visa photo criteria in the United States
- Payment of the application fee receipt
- Evidence of funding (i.e. bank statements, payslips, proof of assets and investments, etc)
You must also appear with documents that support your application, such as Invitation letters, letters of employment, tentative flight reservations, and trip itinerary, among other papers
How to Apply for US VISA From Nigeria 2022
Here is the process to apply for US Visa from Nigeria in 2022.
- Before starting the application process, be sure you have photos that fulfill the US visa picture standards.
- Online, fill out the DS-160 form and send it to the US Department of State.
- The non-refundable processing charge may be paid online or in-person at a bank.
- Make an appointment online or by calling the phone center.
When arranging an appointment, you will require the following documents:
- The number on your passport
- Date of acquisition of your fee payment receipt
- Your DS-160 confirmation page’s 10-digit barcode number
Collect all of your documentation, as well as any supporting documents that may be useful to your application.
Attend your appointment at the US Embassy in Abuja or the US Consulate General in Lagos to apply for a visa to the United States.
Before proceeding to the interview, you will need to present the following documents:
- Your current and previous passports
- Appointment confirmation letter
- Barcoded DS-160 confirmation page
- Receipt of the visa application fee
- A colour photograph that meets the photo requirements
If your visa is accepted.
Your passport with the US visa will be delivered to the pick-up location you provided when making your appointment or couriered to the address you gave.
What are the Cost of US Visa
The non-refundable application price for business and tourist visas in the United States is about US$140.
Payments may be made in cash or online at any GTBank location.
They are also subject to revision at the embassy’s discretion.
When making a payment at a GTBank branch, you will be required to show your passport.
When you pay, make sure you get a receipt since you’ll need it when you go to your interview.
US Embassy in Abuja
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area, Abuja, Nigeria
(234) 9 461 4000
Monday to Friday: 8 AM – 4 PM
United States Consulate General in Lagos
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Nigeria
(234) 1 460 3600
Monday to Thursday: 7 AM – 4 PM
Friday: 7 AM – 1 PM
Final Thought on How to Apply for US Visa from Nigeria
We believe this article will guide you on how to apply for US visa from Nigeria.
Be it either B-2 or B-1 application.
Please, ensure you choose the one that best suits your demand and let us know your feedback or question in the comment below.
- Visa Learnership Program for young South Africans – 2022
- How to Apply for Nigerian Visa in Atlanta
- MBA Scholarships In The Netherlands 2022
- Innocent Chukwuma African NGO Leadership Transition Fellowship Program 2022
- USA Scholarships Without IELTS
You are an exceptional student! You are so ambitious! You have brilliant thoughts! Your ability to work across these topics. I’m impressed with the manner you’re operating together with your articles and the hard work into getting this. You really went higher than and on the far side on ideas. You’re doing a good job on your role and responsibilities.