Applications for the Al Jazeera Fellowship 2022 are now being accepted.
Aiming to stimulate study in media and other sectors of journalism, the Al Jazeera Media Institute (AJMI) offers fellowship programs that provide fellows the chance to get hands-on experience inside the Al Jazeera Media Network (AJMN).
As part of the Al Jazeera Fellowship, journalists and academics will have the chance to produce a 7,000-word research paper on a topic of their choosing in the area of journalism.
Successful candidates to the program will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Make the decision to join an AJMN team and get first-hand knowledge of the working environment.
- Meet with editors, journalists, and other members of the research team who are important to their idea.
Phase 1 (to be performed remotely): The researcher will work on and submit a study plan as well as an introduction to his or her research article before moving on to phase 2 of the research project.
Phase 2 (which will be finished at the Al Jazeera Media Network headquarters): The researcher will continue the study until the final submission of the article is received by the organization.
Al Jazeera Fellowship Requirements
Full-time journalists and researchers (whether freelance or hired) with a background in the media or social sciences are eligible to apply.
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree or above.
At least four years of professional experience in journalism or research, with a focus on the journalistic and/or media sectors is required.
Excellent research and writing abilities
Fluent in the English language (speaking and writing).
In order to be considered for the Fellowship, candidates must have a thorough understanding of academic writing in English.
Applicants for the Al Jazeera Fellowship in English must be citizens of a country other than an Arab country. Candidates from Arab nations are encouraged to apply for their Arabic Fellowship Program.
A committee will assess applications and pick the most qualified applicants, based on the applicant’s research proposal’s relevance to the AJMN and the field of journalism in general, as well as the applicant’s fulfillment of qualifying conditions.
Members of the Al Jazeera Media Initiative (AJMI), which comprises representatives from Al Jazeera Arabic, Al Jazeera English, and Al Jazeera’s Digital Division, will serve on the committee.
Application for Al Jazeera Fellowship
Along with completing the online application form, candidates are needed to send the following documents in PDF format, with the exception of video, pictures, or other visual materials offered as work examples. The following papers must be submitted in PDF format:
If any of the following is missing from your application, your application will be rejected outright.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Fellowship proposal (must include title, the field of interest, objectives, methodology, abstract).
- A signed letter of commitment.
- Three samples of the applicant’s work in English.
- Two letters of recommendation.
Al Jazeera Fellowship Deadline
Recommended for You:
- EnerTracks Fellowship on Climate and Energy Transformation in Germany 2022
- University of Copenhagen PhD Fellowship in piglet nutrition in Denmark 2022
- Knight-Bagehot Fellowship in Economics and Business Journalism 2022
- Impact Toolbox Youth in Development Fellowship in Canada 2022
- Writer’s Council Fellowship for Aspiring Writers 2022
- IVolunteer International Writers’ Council Fellowship for Volunteer Writers in USA 2022
- ETH Student Summer Research Fellowship 2022
- 2022 Post-Doctoral Fellowship on the Right to Privacy in Africa