For the academic year 2022/23, the African Center for Technology Studies is accepting applications for the AI4D Scholarships for Early Career Academics (ECA) in Kenya.
This grant will mostly benefit ECAs who can supervise PhD and MSc students.
Worth of Award
A scholarship of up to US$ 68,000 will be awarded to each winning ECA. This will include:
- Tuition expenses for a two-year PhD student might cost up to $ 4000.
- Up to $4000 towards tuition expenses for two MSc students.
- It might cost up to $ 25,000 to do research.
- Up to $30,000 in research infrastructure.
- Traveling might cost as much as $5,000.
The funding would be for a period of two years.
AI4D Scholarships Requirement
- Each candidate must have held a PhD in AI or machine learning over the last 3–5 years at the time of submission.
- All candidates should have strong academic qualifications and exhibit a desire to pursue a career in academia.
- All candidates must be citizens or permanent residents of a sub-Saharan African country to be considered.
Eligible Countries: Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo (Kinshasa), Congo (Brazzaville), Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Guinea-Bissau, Madagascar, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Senegal, Togo.
How to Apply for AI4D Scholarships
All applications for the AI4D Scholarships for Early Career Academics (ECA) should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The call ends on February 17, 2022.
Recommended for You:
- Griffith Remarkable Scholarship for International Students in Australia 2022
- International Undergraduate Excellence Scholarship at Bond University Australia 2022
- UCL GREAT Scholarships by the British Council for International Students 2022
- Equal Access Scholarships for Undergraduate Students at the University of York in UK 2022
- TaiwanICDF International Higher Education Scholarship Program 2022
- Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2022