In Kenya in 2022, the AFIDEP PRB Policy Communication Fellows Program and the Population Reference Bureau (PRB) are accepting applications.
The Policy Communication Fellows Program aims to develop the future generation of policymakers in their respective nations.
The goal of the initiative is to close the gap between research results and policy formulation.
While research often has significant policy consequences, it must be successfully conveyed to a wide range of non-technical audiences in order to have an influence.
Worth of Award
- Local advocacy objectives and policy landscapes will be learned firsthand by fellows, as well as how to adapt their research messaging to appropriate policy audiences.
- Throughout the program, they will be tutored in various ways to successfully communicate their results to non-technical audiences.
- The program is dedicated to providing participants with an engaging, cutting-edge experience that reflects the broad and ever-changing world of policy and communications.
AFIDEP PRB Policy Communication Fellows Program Requirements
- All participants must be residents of poor nations that receive funds from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) for population and health.
- Participants must also be in their third or fifth year of study and enrolled in PhD programs at respectable academic institutions.
- PRB provides preference to candidates whose dissertation research is focused on the above-mentioned issue areas and who are in their early career stages.
- The program’s medium of teaching is English, and candidates must show in their application papers that they can successfully convey their research in English.
Eligible countries include
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Haiti, India, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Rwanda, Senegal, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Yemen, and Zambia.
How to Apply for AFIDEP PRB Policy Communication Fellows Program
Applicants must submit the following to PRB and AFIDEP:
- A cover letter explaining why you want to be a part of this program
- A form for making an application. Application-Form-2021-22.pdf
- An updated CV that includes a complete summary of educational and professional accomplishments.
- A two- or three-page synopsis of the candidate’s dissertation research.
- Two letters of recommendation submitted straight from the reference writer (via e-mail).
AFIDEP PRB Policy Communication Fellows Program Deadline
Deadline: The deadline for applying for the AFIDEP PRB Policy Communication Fellows Program is December 10th, 2021.
Recommended for You:
- Young Water Fellowship Program Latin America 2022
- University of Copenhagen PhD Fellowship in piglet nutrition in Denmark 2022
- IVolunteer International Writers’ Council Fellowship for Volunteer Writers in USA 2022
- I Tatti DHI Rom Joint Fellowship for African Studies at Harvard University in USA 2022
- Impact Toolbox Youth in Development Fellowship in Canada 2022
- Youth in Development Fellowship for Emerging Social Change Leaders 2022
- Social Science Research Council Just Tech Fellowship 2022
- 2022 Post-Doctoral Fellowship on the Right to Privacy in Africa