African Data Hub (ADH) Community Journalism Fellowship Program 2022
The African Data Hub (ADH) Community Journalism Fellowship Program 2022 is now accepting applications.
This effort intends to increase coverage of under-reported concerns in Nigerian communities, with a focus on possible solutions that would have a long-term influence on efficient public service delivery, grassroots development, and overall quality of life.
Community journalism holds the key to bridging the enormous gap in the news, information, education, and development between Nigeria’s urban and rural regions. Because most topics are underreported by the mainstream media, community journalists often shine a light on them. This fellowship program will provide funds, capacity building, and resources to community journalists in order for them to publish in-depth data-driven investigative articles on problems impacting communities around the nation.
The initiative will highlight stories that go deep into community health concerns, the causes of hunger and severe poverty, and, most crucially, stories that demonstrate the structural impediments that women and girls confront.
- The fellows will attend a Data Journalism Bootcamp, where they will get capacity-building training in advanced investigative, data storytelling, and mapping skills. Journalists will also learn how to gather, analyze, and show data in intriguing and engaging ways.
- The fellowship will include a stipend of up to $2,000 for each fellow, as well as advising meetings with mentors to help them develop their journalistic talents.
- The fellowship will include editorial and technical assistance for the fellows’ articles, such as data collection and analysis, data visualizations, infographics, and mapping.
ADH Community Journalism Fellowship Program | Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must be Nigerian journalists.
- Pitches must adhere to the chosen subject.
- Pitch submissions are welcomed by freelance reporters and employees from all sorts of media organizations — worldwide, national, local, and community-based.
How to Apply for the ADH Community Journalism Fellowship Program
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, and interested journalists should pitch their stories by April 15, 2022.
- All pitches must be no more than 250 words in length.
- The pitch should emphasize the major problem you wish to concentrate on, why it is significant to the program, and how much it is under-reported.
- Explain why you are the best person to report it and what access you already have.
- Include a letter or email from a publication’s editor who is interested in publishing your story.
Deadline: April 15, 2022
Visit African Data Hub for more information.
Recommended for You
- Pfizer Breakthrough Fellowship and Internship Programs 2022
- Overseas Development Institute Fellowship for Early Career Professions 2022/23
- Chatham House Stavros Niarchos Foundation Academy Fellowship 2022-2023
- HBCU Digital Media Fellowship for Online Journalism Students in USA 2022
- Harvard Lead Fellowship for Promoting Women in Global Health 2022-2023 (Fully-funded)
- Minority Africa Fellowship 2022 for Journalists & Storytellers (Paid)
- Mongabay Sue Palminteri WildTech Reporting Fellowship for Writers in USA 2022 (Win $5,000 )
- Zoological Society of London EDGE of Existence Fellowship 2022 (£10,000 grant)
- French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship Program 2022
- Peter K. Jansen Memorial Travel Fellowship 2022 (up to $1,000)