Academy for Women Entrepreneurs Uganda Cohort 3
The Uganda Cohort 3 of the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs is now accepting applications.
The Academy for Women Entrepreneurs was founded by the US Embassy’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, which supports women entrepreneurs across the globe.
In support of the White House-led Women’s Global Development and Prosperity Initiative (W-GDP), the Academy will provide women with the practical skills they need to start and run successful companies.
AWE is dedicated to equipping women with the information, skills, and networks they need to make their business ideas into reality.
Women across Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean, Papua New Guinea, and Spain will improve their entrepreneurial skills, network with mentors, and see their ideas come to life via assisted online learning.
AWE aims to enhance collective economic prosperity and global stability by fostering the growth of women with bright ideas into successful entrepreneurs via a comprehensive, inclusive learning community.
Benefits of Academy for Women Entrepreneurs
- Obtaining new business knowledge and abilities via the Dreambuilder program’s facilitation
- You’ll be able to learn from your peers (other entrepreneurs) as well as a chosen group of speakers and SHONA Experts.
- Understanding the principles of company development and scaling.
- Exposure to company development models in the United States
- The United States African Development Foundation provides money (USADF)
- SHONA Loan Facility provides financing for 12-month uncollateralized loans ranging from USD 1,000 (Ugx. 3.5 million) to USD 10,000. (Ugx. 35 million)
RELATED: UN Internship Program 2022
- Grads of US government exchange programs, other AWE alumni, local American business specialists, business experts from American corporations’ Ugandan offices, and others are among those who have joined the US Embassy Network.
- Market accessibility
- Additional Business Development Support services, such as SHONA’s programs, are available.
Academy for Women Entrepreneurs Requirements
- Women entrepreneurs from Kampala, Kabarole, Mbale, Lira, and the adjacent areas are eligible to apply.
- Are between the ages of 25 and 40;
- Have a minimum of one to five years of business experience;
- Have or run a profit-making firm that is lawfully registered with the Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB) and/or local government;
- With our help, you have the opportunity to build and grow your firm;
- Are able to communicate well in English;
- Are computer savvy and have consistent access to a computer or smartphone with an online connection.
Application of Academy for Women Entrepreneurs
Click here to apply
For More Information: Visit this Page
Deadline: December 17, 2021