2023 DAAD Scholarship for BIGS-DR Doctoral Programme at the University of Bonn in Germany will be given to young scientists from all across the globe who are interested in development research.
The 2023 DAAD Scholarship in Germany is offering scholarships for the Ph.D. Programme, Bonn International Graduate School for Development Research (BIGS-DR), which will begin in 2023 at the University of Bonn’s Center for Development Research (ZEF).
BIGS-DR is a good stepping stone to a career in development cooperation, policy, or research on the international level. Their goal is to recruit young scientists from all across the globe who are interested in development research. Students in BIGS-DR are exposed to an international community while also participating in a rigorous research environment.
Students at BIGS-DR are members of a global academic community of students, researchers, professors, and alumni. Our professors work with a variety of institutions and initiatives across the world, and their students come from a variety of academic and regional backgrounds. They undertake cooperative seminars and project development with worldwide universities and institutions.
It takes 3.5 years to complete their full-time Ph.D. program. Within this time span, doctoral candidates will finish their classroom work, field research, and thesis. Students participate in soft-skill seminars that teach them academic writing, intercultural teamwork, leadership skills, and ethical issues in addition to their classes.
Worth of Award: The 2023 DAAD scholarship covers the cost of living, travel expenses, a health insurance subsidy, and generous support for accompanying family members.
- Fill out the checklist and include it on the first page of your application.
- The length of your inspiration letter should be around one page. Describe your motivation for applying to BIGS-DR, your academic and professional experience, why you are a good fit for our program, your future career aspirations, and anything else that will assist the selection committee to assess your research aptitude.
- If you’re applying for an external scholarship, enter information about your foundation or sponsor here, including any deadlines or other criteria they may have.
- Fill out the BIGS-DR admissions application and sign it.
- Please make sure you satisfy the conditions for the internal scholarship (EPOS/DAAD) before applying. Internal scholarship candidates should adhere to the BIGS-DR admission standards and submit their applications only to BIGS-DR. Complete the EPOS/DAAD application form and attach it to your application PDF file.
- If you’re asking for outside financing, make sure you include all of the required documentation and information.
- All candidates must provide a resume.
- The GRS is a summary of your planned study. It should not be more than four pages long.
- Your abstract should be no more than one page long.
- All copies of your university diplomas and transcripts, beginning with the most recent degree, should be accompanied by an English translation (does not need to be notarized).
- Please review their qualifying and evidence criteria for English proficiency.
- If you are presently working, a letter from your current employer will be beneficial to your scholarship application. Your company should express interest in having you pursue Ph.D. studies and be ready to provide you with a leave of absence to do so.
- A good GRE or GMAT score displays mathematical and analytical ability, which may help you get into school.
- A list of recent publications illustrates your ability to do study and scientific inquiry, which may help you get admission. A list of recent publications is necessary for candidates whose most recent degree was not granted lately.
- Two letters of recommendation or two BIGS-DR reference forms are required. The referees should send them directly to bigs-dr[at]uni–bonn.de.
How to Apply:
- Prospective applicants must first register online. After you have completed your online registration, you will receive a confirmation email containing your personal registration number and further information for your application.
- Your personal registration number is important for the application process. In correspondence with the coordination team, please always mention your registration number.
- Once you submit your online registration, you will not be able to revise any data. If something needs to be changed, please contact the coordination team.
BIGS-DR coordination team
Dr. Günther Manske
Ms. Maike Retat-AminEmail
Deadline: The application deadline is 23:59 CEST (UTC/GMT +2) on August 31st, annually.
Visit the official website for more information.
Recommended for you